Thursday, July 9, 2009

Later Gator!

Right now I am somewhere over America in a United Airlines jet. Let's hope I am on schedule and not subject to any delays on my 2 layover-each-way trip! I am headed to Oregon and a festival I have been going to since I was in the womb. Seriously, my mom went when she was pregnant with me! I have only missed 1 year since I was 6 years old. The best part of the trip is getting to see my family and friends, but the little added bonus of a mommy only trip is nice too. Yup, the boys will have to fend for themselves until I get back on Sunday night!

I used to hate flying. It was such a nuisance. But after making it through 4 separate trips with Natey in tow, I look forward to the almost 10 hours I have to read, do sudoku, nap, have my snacks and my seat to myself, zone out to my ipod. You know, all of those things that are an impossibility when you are traveling with a baby or toddler. I also have one suitcase and one carry on, which is doubling as my purse. Yep, I am traveling light people and it is going to be great.

Don't get me wrong, I am going to miss my boys desperately. I do every time I have to travel without them (usually for work). I even let Natey stay up late reading truck books and doing puzzles with me since I won't get to see him in the morning. I was also secretly happy when he woke up crying a few minutes ago and I went in and picked him up and rocked him back to sleep. Yes, I will miss them, but I will try my best to have a good time alone... ;o)

I wish I had a crackberry because, besides the twitter mobile updates, I will be shut off from my technology addiction. No blog {gasp} and no email {rip my eyes out why don't ya}. So you won't hear from me til Monday...unless you peek on my tweets. I have to stay connected SOMEHOW! Wish me luck in my travels and I will see y'all when I return!

12 comments:

  1. YAY Kam! I'm so happy that you get away and have some "you" time. The boys are going to have a great time together I'm sure. I wish you safe travels and can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your fabulous trip when you get back. I'll catch ya on twitterville! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I am going to have to cave at some point and get on the twitter bus!

    Your trip sounds so nice and relaxing ~ enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like so much fun...Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun and enjoy your alone time. Isn't it amazing how simple things like sitting alone on an airplane can be such a big deal when you have kids?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even realize that it is possible to disconnect in this way. You will have to blog about your weekend upon your return and tell us how you managed to survive the experience. HA!

    I am not sure that I am a strong enough woman to do the same. :)

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you!!! Can't wait till you are all back and stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have a great trip! I was worried about my time away from the computer, but it was actually awesome! So I hope you enjoy it! LOL!!

    Love, love, love the pediped shoes heather sent you! SOOOOO precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am envious! Hope you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you must not be posting but still commenting...welcome to my world but opposite ( I am posting and not commenting BAD BAD Blogger)!!!

    Just wait! Your day will come and you will pull the trigger...its either a puppy or a baby and good gravy I can't do the baby!!!! My baby is almost 5 that is too long for me. Tarah

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??