Sunday, May 16, 2010

Natey at 35 Months

Hi my precious boy! This is the last month that you will be 2. I am beside myself trying to wrap my mind around how fast the last 3 years of our lives have gone by. You keep me laughing...and yelling just about every day. I will work on the yelling, you keep up the hilarity.

When someone asks you how old you are you say, "I'm 2, 3 in June". You even told someone in the store the exact date! I didn't think you remembered that, but you are such a sponge that it didn't surprise me.


Some of the random, but funny things you've said lately are:

"I want to play in the back yard, this year."

"This song makes me funny!" (We assumed you meant makes you laugh.)

"See, I told you!"

"This is YOUR favorite!" (When a song comes on that he thinks I like.)

"I frowed the ball at the kitty, but I didn't....but I did." (With a little smirk on his face)

"I was mad, but not too mad."

Mommy: "Do you want a splash party for your birthday?" Natey: "Yeah, a Splash Gordan Party!" (Flash Gordon maybe??)


You still love super heroes, but we don't let you watch the cartoons any more. You can't quite seperate play fighting from real fighting. You have calmed down a lot in that way since the shows have ceased.

You think Mickey Mouse's full name is "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse".

You still take a 2-3 hour nap...during the week at daycare. I'm lucky if you manage to sleep over an hour when we're home. 
 

Any time I ask you where you want to go on vacation, you say "Candida" (Canada).

Every morning when you wake up (lately that has been at or before 6am, ugh), you demand a juice box. You never get one, so I'm wondering when you'll stop asking.


You make the funniest faces I have ever seen. Some times you'll be in trouble but I can't help but laugh at you anyway.

You are in a major defiant phase right now. You tell me no at every turn. Amazingly, you'll stay in time out now, but you ask me every 6 seconds if it's time to get up yet.

You are the most loving brother, but still haven't learned how to be gentle enough with Arielle. The other day you fell and landed right on her head. You cried so hard, you'd think it was YOU that got hurt. I think it was your first taste of real empathy.


You're adventerous and aren't afraid of much. Even when you fall down, you rarely cry.

You have the entire book, "Nightmare in My Closet" memorized and "read" it to me as we turn the pages.

We measured you the other day and you are a whopping 39" tall. I'm interested to see how much you weigh at next month's visit.

I don't want to rush you, as I see the last bit of my baby turning into a full blown boy, but if you could just learn how to put on your own Crocs and figure out that your ears really ARE for listening I'd appreciate it.

13 comments:

  1. awe what a handsome lil' guy!! great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! He is darling and I'm so glad for the update post! I needed a dose of those curls and those liquid eyes! :)

    Aren't boys fun? I'm still mourning the fact that Itty Bit just turned FOUR!

    Glad Natey is a good big brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get over how beautiful that little man is! He looks so full of life as well! and good big bro? of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so darn cute, but I know you know that already :) So impressed that he stays in time out and that he still takes naps! I miss nap time. And man is that kiddo tall!!! How tall are you and Aaron? You might have a basketball player on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too Cute!! I love that you have still kept up the updates!! I can't believe he is almost 3!!!! They are growing up way too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post!!!

    Monkey just learned how to put on his crocs the other day. And was SOOO excited when he did it. He is having trouble ever since and FREAKS OUT when he can't get them on complete with kicking AND screaming! So if I could do it over, I would just keep putting them on myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is crazy how fast three years can go by!

    BTW, his curls look really cute in these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the listening thing...yep. My boy ignores me too. Gotta love it. What a sweet post. Hard to believe he will be 3 so soon. What a cutie pie. Love the outfit and the orange crocs. Stunt man loves his crocs too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha Candida, that's yeast, isn't it? We're a yeasty bunch, we Canadians. Tell Natey he can come and visit us anytime. I live down the street from a ZOO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man I love that kid! I mean who doesn't need a Splash Gordon birthday and his curls....don't EVER cut then {learn from me sister}.....Nate 35 months it seems like yesterday you did his 2 year one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear your boy gets more and more gorgeous, Kameron. You and Aaron definitely need to have more kids. I am thinking at least two or three.

    I like looking at your pictures. :)

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess what Natey - "Candida" is coming to you! T-minus 24 hours and counting.....

    Argh..I miss this boy! Can't wait to see my little buddy again!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??