Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Save the day! Save the day! She saved the da-ay!

1581884212_57276dd550_o

I'm playing along with Mahem and Moxie today. I hosted their wonderful mascot, Mona, over the summer and you can hear all about that on Friday. For today I will be talking about my summer vacation! I feel like I am in elementary school again, standing in front of the class with my carefully written out account of my summer fun. Please get an A, please get an A. Oops, sorry, old habits die hard. I always was an over-achiever!

I would talk about the weight I gained over vacation, but if you read yesterday's post, you'd see that I don't like ANYONE to talk about that...given my condition and all. So, I am going to talk about the person on my trip that saved the day instead!!

We went on a very impromptu (read: decided early Thursday morning, left our house 5 hours later) road trip from little Rhody (RI to you and me) to Montreal, Canada. I am a planner. My hubby is not. The idea of this trip was stressful to me, but I rolled with it (much to my hubby's and my own surprise). I do, however, have a mind like a steel trap and recalled that a wonderful bloggy friend, who just happens to be an amazing photographer, lives in Canada. She mentioned once that if we were ever in Montreal she'd do a photo shoot for us. It's not like we live close or anything. Poor girl probably thought she was safe in sayin' that! What are the odds that we would just up and road trip 8 hours to that very destination?? Well, I emailed her before we left calling her out on her promise. With only a day and a half notice, she drove the 2 hours to Montreal and took the most amazing family/maternity pictures a girl could ever ask for. Not only was she amazing behind the camera, but she is the sweetest and coolest chick I have met in ages! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out!



She truly saved the day. I got to have a tiny plan built in to the craziness of an unplanned trip. We got amazing pictures. Natey loved her to bits! I made a new friend. Thanks Baby Mama for making the whole trip for me! I'm serious, you really did.

23 comments:

  1. I will tell you what I am talkin bout Willis...THOSE AWESOME PICS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!! That family pic is soo beautiful and the one of Natey with the orange...LUV IT...and him with his hand on that baby...sooo sweet!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE...did I mention LOVE it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did get amazing pictures! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be hormonal today because I totally cried over your words.

    Are you sure you're talking about Me?

    ME?

    Really?

    Well as you already know I think you are "The Shizzle", Aaron is "Da Bomb" and that Natey made me fall in love with him in about 10 seconds flat.

    Thanks for your seemingly unending patience, man I am dragging these images out for you, aren't I?

    I'm so glad you are enjoying them and can't wait to do it again! hint hint. :)

    BlogBaby's BabyMama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some amazing pictures! I love all of them! you are a HAWT family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love me some good pictures and I tell you what.. these are so damn good.. yes I said damn because they ARE THAT GOOD! I'm going to go check out her site so hopefully I can learn something from her. :) She's got it goin on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are really beautiful and better yet, they look like they actually capture your sweet family. No fakey blurring to emphasize the joy of impending childbirth, if you know what I mean... and the multiple exposure of your son is fantastic! I wish I was closer to Montreal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those pictures are DYNOMITE! Love them all. The one of Natey is precious. Love the faces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She had an easy job - look how gorgey you are! And Natey with his boundless amount of cuteness?? Sheesh. Even that Aaron guy ain't bad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good god you people are gorgeous! What an amazing gift from Baby Mama.

    Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see what Mona has been up to over here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great way to spend a trip. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures! Congrats on the upcoming baby. Your little guy is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS pictures!!! Oh my goodness! And a two hour drive!?!? I hope you send that woman some flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. These pictures are really GREAT! I just LOVE them : ) Love them so much. Glad you had a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pictures are amazing!! What perfect summer shots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow oh wow oh wow!

    How on earth did she do the one with a bunch of Natey's? That shot alone is totally amazing!

    And of course - the ones with you are beautiful - you are radiant pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful pics she was able to get! What a fun vacation and a wonderful bloggy friend you have!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pics are awesome too, just awesome!! I love the one with all the Natey's in it -- you'll have to do a 10x30 or something of that!

    What a photogenic family you all are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know I loved these pictures. Blog Baby's Mama did awesome. And I would love to stalk her, umm, I mean go for a drive up to see her some time. It's 9 hours for us, but I'm considering based on your successful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy crap, more amazing pictures!!! I love how you've spread them out over several posts (kind of a MckMama trick, eh?? Keep us in suspense!). Hmmm... maybe I should try that sometime!! haha

    Love Aaron sticking out his tongue. You guys are just such a stinkin' cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is such a talented photog- and what great subjects! I love the pic of the three of you! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kam...These pictures are amazing! Truly. And to think that Baby Mama took them makes everything even more special. I can't believe how beautiful you are pregnant. All that curly hair...for both you and your boy.

    Simply divine...

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??