Friday, October 8, 2010

Fragments and a Flashback

I've got nothin. Not a full post in me to save my life, so instead I'll throw all of the fragments from this week into one.

Today my sister turns the big 4-0. I'm pretty sure she is going to kill me for posting that on my blog. She is awesome and I miss her dearly as she lives in Oregon with the rest of my family. Hopefully she has checked her e-mail by now or it will be spoiling the surprise to say that I got her a massage for her birthday. She deserves it! Happy birthday sis. I miss you a lot. Bahamas in the spring? Eh? Eh? Sorry, just wanted to plant the seed...again.

Ahhh.. Good times. This picture was taken 5 1/2 years ago. I wish I still looked this good..and this tan! And whatever happened to that tank top?? I loved it.

I think the reason I haven't posted this week is that I've been a little down. My mom's 62nd birthday would have been on Sunday. I did manage to distract myself by going up to Boston to have brunch with Jana, one of the awesome ladies I met at BlogHer. It helped immensely to be in fun company with great conversation and decadent food (mmm....doughnuts), but there is no amount of happy that can fill the hole that was left when I lost my mom. It has been almost 9 years and feels like an eternity. Ok, enough Debbie Downer talk! Sorry

I am looking forward to this weekend. I get a massage on Sunday and may even be able to talk my way out of having to go to the Columbus Day parade. Parades are annoying. I prefer to sit in a comfy seat on my couch to watch them. I did the Rose Parade on year. We even camped on the street the night before. It is better when you are in your pjs at home. Take my word for it.

For good measure, another flash back to this day in history....well, last year at least.



He was funny even then. Love this kid!

10 comments:

  1. You and your sis are beautiful! Happy birthday to her. I would totally head over and say howdy (we might be heading to Portland in a bit!)

    And Natey is ALWAYS cute! So fun to see him "in living color". I still haven't forgiven your family for booking you up during your visit... I mean, I'm a bloggy friend for goshsake! Do they think relatives get dibs? (Love ya Heather/Chad/Aidan/Lilah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever! You look EXACTLY the same now as that picture! I could never tell it was 5 years ago!
    I know how it can be tough to have that anniversary of a death go by- stay strong and hug those kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sis. You are both very beautiful! You could have told me the picture was taken yesterday and I would have been none the wiser....you look the same to me.

    My dad would have been 66 this year. He passed away 13 years ago, and it feels like an eternity. I would have loved to have seen him as a doting grandfather. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still look that good!

    I also didn't realize that Sunday had some rough memories for you. I'm glad I was able to hang out with you. (I wanted to ask you more about your mom, but then I didn't know if it would be appropriate.)

    You get off for Columbus Day? I wish my husband did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nate is so cute. His eyes just sparkle. Boys love the word poop. Too funny.
    happy birthday to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, this video should have come with a parental advisory warning, if Edey starts saying "Spider Poop" I am so blaming you. HA! ;)

    In other news..."I wish I still looked this good...." Um, check out your sidebar pic, you DO LOOK THAT GOOD. Possibly better, in fact. Truth sister, truth.

    Love you to pieces.

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boy has totally killer eyes and such a great smile!! That video is precious, even the way you are talking to him - y'all are adorable!

    Hope your sis had a great b-day and that you had fantastic massage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you've been feeling down. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
    I hope your sister had a great birthday and that you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday to your sister! I hope you are feeling better. It could be the change of season because I always feel down around this time and it goes away closer to Halloween.

    I love the Spiderman poop part of his song! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, your son is GORGEOUS - I want to squeeze those gorgeous cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??