Monday, February 13, 2012

Menu Planning Monday

Since I am jumping back on the blogging wagon, a few other things need attention too...like meal planning. I try to do it every week and then go to the market on Sundays. If that doesn't happen we end up with at least 3 nights of takeout. That isn't good for the wallet or the waistline. I am going to try to pick recipes all during the week so I don't have to do it all on Saturday or Sunday morning.  If you want to put a link in the comments of a favorite recipe I would love you forever! I hate getting bored with dinner. I have been trying some recipes I find on Pinterest, so I will link to them if you want to try them out too!
I am adding Sunday even though I'm starting on Monday so I can remember what I made!

Sunday: Whole roasted chicken, *scalloped potatoes, and **beets.
Monday: Hamburger Buddy
Tuesday: Stuffed chicken breast wrapped in puffed pastry, roasted carrots and butternut squash.
Wednesday: Mexican lasagna (I got this recipe from a friend & will post it if we like it.)
Thursday: Farfalle pasta with chicken, asparagus, pine nuts, black olives and caramelized onion. (My own recipe. I will do a step by step of this one. It is delicious!)
Friday: Pizza movie night!
Saturday: Dinner at the in-laws

*The scalloped potatoes were DELICIOUS! OMG, I could eat them all day. I substituted 50% reduced fat cheese since you use a cup and a half of cheese. I also used Yukon gold potatoes and left the skin on.

**The beets...I thought they were delicious. My hubby thought they were ok. Then again, he likes them with just vinegar on them. He does this to his broccoli too, so I think I won't count his vote. Both kids ate them all up! Yes, my 2 and 4.5 year olds chowed down some beets. I call that a big win. The recipe called for something called Golden syrup. I couldn't find it at Whole Food or my regular market so I substituted equal parts honey and pure maple syrup.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad you are back! Even if you do make me feel inferior with those fancy menus...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a fancy menu!! You do that and work full-time? I'm impressed! We eat leftovers 2 to 3 times a week, so I usually cook Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday type deal...

    Thanks for linking to the recipes - that chicken puff pastry thing and hamburger buddy are going on my menu for next week - sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids eat so well! We are stuck in a buttered noodles and corn phase, no matter what I put in front of them. And I would love to get back to meal planning. It's the only time I actually lost weight and stuck to eating everything I bought at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love using my pins from Pinterest into my weekly meal plans! It helps break it up from the same old, same old meals.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??