Monday, March 5, 2012

Menu Planning Monday

Sunday: Leftover Stuffed shells. The recipe made a lot. I actually used almost all of the shells when I made them a couple weeks ago. I froze the remaining stuffed shells, before the baking step, and just threw them in the oven. The hubbs made a quick marinara to go with them.
Monday: Taco Night! This is what it sounds like...tacos. I will be having a taco salad whereas the fam will be eating something similar to Taco Bell's double-decker tacos. I want to eat them, but my waistline says "no way".
Tuesday:Lighter Shrimp Fried Rice.
Wednesday: Baked Chicken fingers, homemade baked sweet potato fries and beet salad.
Thursday: Pot roast with carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes with a side of green beans.
Friday: Pizza Movie Night!
Saturday: Date night!

Notes on last week's meals:
  • The sloppy Joe's are a fan favorite around here. Nate and the hubbs like them and Arielle tolerates them. I seriously think the girl doesn't like meat. She ate a few bites, so that's a win.
  • The recipe for the chicken tortellini soup was a bit bland. DH ended up doctoring it up a little, so it was good. It is a good base to start with but just needed a little more flavor. I recommend adding a little hot sauce into your individual bowl. Almost everything is better with sriracha in it!
  • The shrimp stir fry was good. I am laughing because I just realized that we are having shrimp fried rice this week. Apparently I like Asian inspired shrimp. ;)
  • Ribs are always good. I didn't end up doing them in the crock pot. I forgot so DH cooked them in the pressure cooker and then broiled them in the oven. I rarely make them, but I prefer to put a nice dry rub on them and then cook them at 200 degrees for 6-8 hours.
  • The Indian butter chicken was pretty good. The recipe called for Cayenne pepper and I used 1/8 tsp and it was still too hot for the kids. Lesson learned. I love spicy but I have little that aren't quite there yet!

3 comments:

  1. We are having stuffed shells too! I love them and it for sure feeds us at least a couple meals. Now that Andrew's work schedule changed it's nice to have leftovers the nights that he will be working. I hate cooking for just me and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu for the week looks YUM and YAY for a date night on Saturday!!!

    Glad you guys enjoyed the butter chicken, but yeah, totally should have warned you about the spice! I have a weirdo kid who LOVES spicy food, so I often forget about this...

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??