Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not Me! Monday

It's that time of the week again. You know, the beginning, or to those of us who have to go to work, the beginning of the end. That's how I see it. It is the end of my weekend, the beginning of getting through 5 days so I can have 2 to myself again. I don't always feel this way, but some weekends aren't filled with rest and relaxation, such as the one I just made it through. At least I can look back at last week and laugh. Have a giggle at the events that did not take place in my life. I can go to MckMama's blog and find comfort in the fact that I am not alone, as there are hundreds of us who seek refuge in the witty banter that is Not Me! Monday.
****************************************************************************
I do not drive by this house all of the time and laugh about what is tagged on the front of it. I have not wanted to take a picture of it for months, yet never seem to have my camera when driving by. I was not happy when I finally got a picture of it, only to notice that the fence pole is covering up what even makes this picture laugh worthy in the first place...the apostrophe between the l and the s!

I am not bewildered and a bit embarrassed that my 20 month old son is turning into that kid and hitting everyone in sight. I did not just write a post begging for advice on what to do to nip this in the bud, before I loose my mind and duct tape his arms to his sides. {Hang up the call to CPS, I wouldn't really do that...at least not yet}

We have all walked into the wrong bathroom at one time or another, right? Maybe you don't notice the men's sign outside, you get in and "OOPS" you turn around and walk out. None of us has ever been looking at her missed calls, walked in to the men's room and right into the stall, completely missing the bank of urinals to her right. We have never seen someone walk in through the crack in the door and think it is a co-worker at the same event. No one I know has ever finished peeing, opened the stall door and saw a guy with his back to her peeing in the urinal and bolted out the door like a flash, without even washing her hands. Nope, that person does not exist. Never happened.

What did you "not" do this week??

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...that would be so insane! I have issues with guys bathrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome! Cra'ck does kill's and the bathroom one? Priceless! Glad it never happened to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not done that...ever...especially not at work HQ in NC...and especially not on my first day of orientation when down there....tee hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Not Me! Monday. Even though I currently do not work, each Monday is tough for me to face (it's the start to yet another week of not having a job). Monday's just mean "blah" to me working or not!

    Too funny about being so engrossed in your phone you went into the wrong bathroom. Probably scare that poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think the sign on the house is funny...but yes, funnier with the apostrophe. Someone was trying to remember their 4th grade english. LOL
    I am cracking up about the bathroom too. I have never gone all the way in, but scared myself so bad when I opened the door and saw the gross urinals. LOl
    Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word!! That there is funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. imagine what the guy was thinking!!

    that's hilarious!!

    i did that once...unfortunately, on purpose. the women's was locked and i have a bladder the size of a skittle...so, i had no choice!!

    i walked through with my hands up like blinders saying, "i'm sorry..i'm sorry..i'm sorry..i'm sorry!" all the way to the stall!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great not me's I loved the bathroom one. The funny thing is guys mind less about a girl in the restroom than girls do about a guy in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by my blog:) You inspired me to do a "not me Monday" post too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH walking into the men's room. That's a good one! I don't think that has ever happened to me, but just saying that it hasn't makes me afraid that I'll soon do it! Yikes! Pretty funn. =0)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We once visited a bathroom that had "Women" on the outside of the door and Men on the inside. It gave us all quite a scare as we were coming out to see that we (thought we had) used the wrong restroom.

    Thanks,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL on that house! You need to get another shot with the apostrophe! Great Not Me post. I had fun reading along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome paint job on that house!
    carma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bathroom one! Good thing you didn't do that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know it probably doesn't make it easier but most little guys go through a hitting stage in toddlerhood and as the mama of two tween boys I can promise you they do grow out of it (sorta :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL at walking into the wrong bathroom! My, ahem, husband did that once!

    As for your little one hitting, it sounds like you are doing everything you can. Just stay consistent with it and he will get it.

    Maybe, when he hits you, put him down and have nothing to do with him for a bit. That's a hard one to do, but I did that with Princess T and when I did pay attention to her again, I told her that she had hit me and it hurt and no one likes being hit. It didn't take her long to get it. She loves attention as, it sounds like, your little man does! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post as always Kam!

    You should have come out of the stall and walked up to the urinal next to him and acted as if you were going, then said in a low manly voice.........hows it hangin? I know I didnt just say that.... Ok so i did. Now that would have been that of legends. It is also what I expected Nikki to say she did when she went in the mens. Oh well.

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, you are the talk of the office!!! That was great! So is the Crack K'i'l'l's sign...was that enough???

    ReplyDelete
  19. ok Im am laughing so hard at your bathroom mishap, that is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would have so taken the same picture.. you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am glad that I had time on this WEDNESDAY to look at your not me MONDAY!

    Thanks for the endorphins you have helped to release with my huge laugh!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??