Tuesday, August 7, 2012

BlogHer 2012 I did it MY way!

Last Thursday I hopped into my momvan with 5 other local bloggers and hauled us all to the Big Apple for BlogHer. The week leading up to the trip there was so much drama about the conference on FB. I had a few opinions on the ridiculousness but chose to let it go, not get involved and make MY experience at BlogHer the best it could be. For someone who rarely keeps her mouth shut I was proud of myself. I went with a handful of private party invites, conference sessions and events I wanted to attend and wonderful women I wanted to meet and hang out with.  I accomplished everything I set out to do and more.

One of the things I was most excited about was meeting Brooke in person for the first time. We have "known" each other since late 2008, a couple months after I started blogging. You never know how it will be to meet someone you've only known virtually, but she fit seamlessly into our group and I love her even more now! There were 4 of us in our room: Brooke, Liz, Michele and I . You know you really like a group of girls when you can do that successfully! It was honestly like a huge 4 day slumber party complete with getting our hair done, hula hooping, tutus, Batman, cupcakes, dancing, pasties, great food, a stuffed uterus, and of course a unicorn cake (and next to it The Next Martha...way nicer than the real Martha btw).

The icing on the unicorn cake was the large group of amazing RI Bloggers, that I hang out with, who also came to NY. We all crossed paths for different events and hung out. I love being a part of such a down to earth, drama-free, and sweet bunch of women! Melissa, Megan, Sarah (our fellow road trippers in the momvan), Audrey Melissa, Jen, Joanna, Liza, Jodi, Jessica, Candice, Sarah (and sweetie baby Avery), Elizabeth, Catherine you guys rock!! Now get yourself a cup of coffee and a snack and settle in for the onslaught of pictures. 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fabulous time. It's amazing how many people were there and how differently they all experienced the event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo montage! Here's to Blogher13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to get to hang out with you! I want to do a long run some weekend with you and Liz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME post!!! SO much fun! I am TOTALLY joining you next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol love this! And girl you took the best photos too! So much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously so much fun had by all! I'm so happy we finally met in NY mama! Looking forward to hanging out locally :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your pictures! You got such great shots. I loved our weekend in NY and couldn't have asked for a better driver. So glad I got to spend so much time with you. You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED the pics and recap. I'm so glad I have met all of you Rhody Bloggers~~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great recap and photo collection!!!! NY was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kameron - thank you SO very much for driving us. You (and your Toyota) were amazing! I still can't believe how much stuff we packed in it. I love these pictures - The picture of you guys "running" from Batman? Best.Picture.Ever! I am glad I got to experience my first BlogHer with all of you, couldn't have asked for a better group. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you really had a great time, and I'm SO glad!! And I LOVE all the pictures but I'm sad we did not get one together. Next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the best time !!! Cant wait till our next hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun fun trip!! I can't wait for next time...in Chicago :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is totally what I miss the most about blogging - the friendships. Love seeing all those smiling faces and wish I could have come along for the fun!

    Also.....I swear you are getting hotter by the minute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, my heart just smiled! I'm not so eloquent with words, just know that the big smile in my face and my warm are are saying "yeah! Exactly what Kam said". xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did not take nearly enough pictures. I'm glad others did. And wow that van!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg looks like SO much fun - really hope I can go in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kameron! I just wanted to let you know I blogged about you today over at http://dazedandcreative.blogspot.com/2012/08/laughter-is-best-medicine.html
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a great time! Love the pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??