Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Five years and 11 weeks ago I had a baby. When I type that out it doesn't seem like it could have possibly been that long ago, but obviously it has. I am painfully reminded of how fast life moves each day and even more so today as my "baby" started Kindergarten. After a traumatic start to school in Pre-K last year ( a post for another day perhaps), we have moved onward and upward to a new school and bright horizons for my smart and, ahem, spirited little boy.

Photobucket

As we start this school year, I have high hopes for you buddy. I know you are bursting with potential just waiting to be tapped. You are amazingly intuitive, are already reading above a 1st grade level and can do some times tables. You blow me away with your ability to memorize and regurgitate facts that you might have heard once...months ago. 

Photobucket


You are funny and laugh easily. I pray you make friends in your new school and learn to love school and look forward to going each day. I have my hands full with you, but am truly blessed. Good luck and I will be there every step of the way...until you say you don't need me anymore...and then I'll still be there. I love you buddy.
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I just can't believe it! Kindergarten!! Can't wait to hear how the first day went. I really, really need to remember to take pictures like this, with the sign. Great idea! Your little man will flourish in school, as smart as he is. Just as long as they keep him challenged!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am in denial that we are already at this point in time. Yes, I am making school lunches and checking backpacks and laying out uniforms, but I'm still in denial that it's my baby I'm doing this for. I'm sure we will be comiserating at their high school graduations before we know it! Oh, and we're still in for that arranged marriage between our two, no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. His poses are killing me! Hope he had a great first day!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! Hope he has a wonderful school year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute and funny! I hope he's enjoying school!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??