Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BBQ pulled pork quesadillas

I made the best meal tonight and it took all of 20 minutes and not even all in one day. It is the perfect combination of a crockpot meal and a quick fix meal. I rarely use my crockpot because, first of all, it doesn't have a timer on it and also because I believe it is nearly impossible to make a delicious meal in just one dish.. Sure, things like chili and soup are good, but I have tried a lot of other meals and most of them have been just ok.  This is the first time I have made pulled pork in the crockpot and it was awesome!

BBQ pork quesadillas

Pulled Pork
2 pound pork shoulder roast
1 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1 cup water

Put all ingredients in the crockpot and cook it on low for 8-12 hours. I flipped the roast over a couple of times as I checked on it and ladled the sauce over the meat, but I'm sure you don't have to. Around hour 7 i used 2 forks to tease the meat apart and let it cook in the sauce for another 2 hours. I made the pork in advance and kept it in the fridge until we used it tonight. It is probably even more delicious because it has been in the sauce for  a couple of days,

Quesadillas
BBQ pulled pork
4 scallions minced
8 whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
4 oz pepper jack cheese shredded

Mix some of the pork, I only used about half of what I made in the crockpot, with the scallions and cilantro. I won't insult you by telling you how to make a quesadilla, but medium high heat, slap a tortilla down in the pan, cheese it and put as much pork as you'd like on it and put another tortilla on top. Cook it until your desired crispiness and then sit down and Mmmmm until it is gone...and you want another one...but you don't eat another one, but you want to because it is so delicious.  Then realize after it is gone that you forgot to take a picture. Now go make one, or come over because I have some left.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love pulled pork never thought of putting it in a quesadilla, sounds yummy! I make mine in the crock pot too, with jack Daniels BBQ sauce and a can of coke! I'm putting it on the list to make in quesadillas now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love pulled pork - will definitely have to try quesadillia-ing it!! (what? its a verb!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ONLY way I make pulled pork is in the crockpot - this sounds delish - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??