Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not Me! Monday


Another week has gone by and it is time, yet again, for NotMe! Monday. Wow, this week was over in a blink! It seems strange to me that I am beginning to measure the passing of days by the blogs I write. The sweet, warm days of summer are gone and we have jumped head first into fall. Time speeds up at the end of summer but I promise you that winter will bring a slowing of the clock to almost a snail's pace. I am looking forward to Nathan experiencing his first time to play in the snow, but the thought of spring being so far away saddens me just a bit. Sorry, I digress. What was I talking about again? Oh yes, what I "didn't" do last week... If you want to join in the fun, visit MckMama's blog and cleanse your soul... you'll thank me later!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a gratuitous photo that has nothing to do with this post. Nope! I didn't stick it in here just because it was a beautiful fall shot that I took and wanted to share with the group. I am very focused and never get off track...What?? I'm not? I do?? Oh well.
My husband thinks I am his lucky charm when it comes to the Red Sox winning games. Being the caring wife that I am, I would never make plans to go hang out with my friend on the evening of an elimination game and upset my hubby like that! It would be thoughtless. I would also never say a quick adios to my friend and drive 80 mph all the way home, listening to the game on the radio, when our team started to catch up, hoping I hadn't ruined our luck by not being home. If I did happen to think I have some magical powers where the Red Sox are concerned, I would not bore everyone and write an entire blog entry about it! (Oh, BTW they came back from a 7-0 deficit to win 8-7!!!)UPDATED...they lost last night. No World Series :o(

I didn't feel like an old fuddy duddy Saturday night when we went to a ultra hip downtown bar for our friend's birthday. I'm not even 30 yet for goodness sake. I'm young and hip and would never just want to go home and crawl into bed at a reasonable hour. Also, I absolutely LOVE techno music and wish I could have it as my internal soundtrack at all times!

I did not let my husband watch one of his Kung-Fu movies in the family room while my 16 month old played with his toys. If he did happen to see some of the fight scenes, my little baby boy could not possibly pretend he was doing Kung-Fu and wave his arms all around and roll around on the floor kicking his legs.

I also did not write my Not Me! "Monday" post on Sunday again because I didn't want to be late for work for the 3rd time in 4 weeks trying to get my post done first thing in the morning....and because I secretly LOVED being the first one to post last week. That is just silly and immature, and as we've already established, I am a responsible grown-up who doesn't get excited over such things.

What did you"NOT" do this week??

19 comments:

  1. I love that picture and what a fun thing to do as a not me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the picture that you posted. Don't you just love fall and not me! mondays? Thanks for stopping by my site and for sharing your week with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture! Great list. Sorry the Sox lost. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the gratuitous photo!! Is that your yard???

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture is adorable! Great Not Me's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, got your comment..I also did not almost burst into tears when Horatio got shot on CSI:Miami. I'm so glad it was a staged death! I'm with you on the movies and little ones. My Crazy Monkey does the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting :)
    I love that picture of your baby in the leaves - it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable picture..
    I love Not Me Mondays don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great picture!!! I love the Fall and wish we could see colors like that down here in Florida...
    Sorry about your Red Sox...but they did lose to our Florida team... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh!!! Writing the post early...now I have never done that..Nope, not me!!! This was great! Thanks so much for all of your not me's and you just reminded me that my boys should not watch wrestling with their dad...another new pair of glasses needed.....
    I love your blog! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is that your home? It's adorable!!
    I def. have kung fu kids---love that I'm not alone in that!!!
    Glad u weren't late for work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post...I watched the Rays/Red Sox game last night...sorry! Love the picture in your yard--beautiful. THis is my first year away from the fall change (just moved over 1,000 miles to warmer climate!), so it was great to see, even if it was gratuitous! Thanks for the giggle! I stayed up late waiting to get a low number...seemed to work out!
    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally do NOT have photo envy....I'm ready for it to be fall here!!! Adorable!

    Oh, and ditto on the Not Me Posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photo and I so wish my yard looked like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to say "thanks" for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! You are one of the first outside my personal blogger friends to do so! :)

    LOVE that picture. So glad you DIDN'T post it. :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??