Thursday, October 23, 2008

Path 101-Day 52

I've had a couple of people ask me about my 101 list, so here's the skinny. I saw it on my friend Liz's blog and I realized it was something really cool that I could do for myself. The original website is worth checking out if you want to go on this journey too. It is nice because it is a reasonable timeframe to complete things (~2.75 years) and it really makes you think about what inspires you and what you can do about it!

It's been a while since I have updated on my 101 so here are the latest and greatest.

#25. Learn a new word every day: This task is getting annoying. See, I just called it a task and not a goal!!! Partly, because most of the words I learn I can't use in a sentence without sounding like a total know-it-all. If I did use some of the words no one would know what I meant and I would have to explain myself anyway. Ugh. I guess it will simply be for my own benefit. Oh, and by the way Dictionary.com, I misprize you repeating #19 as #46. I'm on to you.

33. littoral: on a coastal or shore region.
34.
volte-face: an about-face.
35.
rubicund: inclining to redness; ruddy.
36.
officious: meddlesome.
37.
implacable: incapable of being pacified.
38.
circumlocution: the use of many words to express an idea that might be expressed by few.
39.
aficionado: an enthusiastic admirer; a fan.
40.
legerdemain: sleight of hand.
41.
plaudit: enthusiastic approval.
42.
euphonious: pleasing or sweet in sound.
43.
sobriquet: a nickname.
44.
otiose: ineffective; also, being at leisure; also, of no use.
45.
waylay: to ambush or accost.
46.
misprize: to despise; also, to undervalue.
47.
expeditious: characterized by speed and efficiency.
48.
alfresco: outdoors; outdoor.
49.
bailiwick: a person's specific area of knowledge, authority, interest, skill, or work.
50.
malfeasance: wrongdoing, misconduct, or misbehavior.
51.
synecdoche: figure of speech
52.
plenary: full; complete.

#50. Try 10 new restaurants: I played lunch hooky from work last week and Aaron and I went to Crazy Burger in Narragansett. We shared two burgers so we could get a taste of more than just one. I know, what's so special about burgers, right? Well, these were really good. I liked the LOCO Burger (avocado, black beans and cheddar, grilled in a tortilla, topped with salsa) better than the WHASSUPY Burger (horseradish, garlic and Worcestershire sauce with Brie cheese and onion rings on a whole wheat bun). Aaron has been to CB before, but I haven't and it's my list, so it counts!



#62. Send one "thinking of you" card a month: Well, you all saw the card on my Wordless Wednesday post yesterday, but if you didn't here it is again...

The inside said, "Luckily I have you for that," and it went to someone very deserving.


#70. Eliminate the use of plastic shopping bags: I have been doing so good on this goal. I guess I can't force Aaron to do it, but when I send him to the store with 3 bags (that I had to go get out of my trunk) and he comes home with plastic, it irks me a little. Again, it is my goal, so I won't force it on my hubby. He'll give in eventually.


#28. Read 50 books: It has been a couple of weeks since I have done any reading. I think it has to do with the book I decided was next in line on the list. It is The Fountainhead and it is over 700 pages long! I started it last night and made it through 45 pages before I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open any more and it was only 9pm. Nathan...stop waking up at 5am...it's not nice to mommy.

8 comments:

  1. Very neat idea. I am going to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, more blogging questions... how did you get all of the labels on your posts (so you could make your "What do I write about" list)? I know how to label them while I'm writing a post, but I assume you had to go back to some old posts to add labels. Did you just edit them and re-post them all?

    Thanks for the siggy help! I got it!!

    I'm glad you're doing the daily words and not me... I agree with you - I wouldn't be able to use them in a sentence without sounding like I was preparing for the SATs, and no one would know what I was talking about. In fact, Chad would probably say I was mis-using the word anyway! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my first goal that won't really count as a goal is to check this out and commit to it! I love the idea so much, and SO many of your goals are ones that I would want to add in my list as well.

    Was it hard to make your list, and how long did it take you to come up with it? I love that they are something you can measure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea...I might just be signing up too! Of couse, if I could squeeze another thing in aside from blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand about sending the husband to the store with all the tools he needs to have a successful trip, then him coming home with random crap and plastic bags. My pet peeve isn't the bags though, it is the coupons. I will put the coupons in his wallet, right next to the cash- and he still won't use them! It drives me insane!! Good work on your goals- and tasks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!

    That is the cutest card ever... it's hilarious and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is an awesome idea - I just may have to consider it! Hi from a fellow RI blogger!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??