Monday, February 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I'd be lying if I hadn't made a version of this speech before, I think I was probably eight years old and staring into the bathroom mirror. And this would've been a shampoo bottle. Well, it's not a shampoo bottle now! I feel very fortunate to have made it all the way from there to here. And I'd like to thank some of the people along the way who had faith in me, my friends and my family, especially my mum and dad, who are in this room somewhere. Dad, whistle or something, 'cause then I'll know where you are. (He whistles.) Yeah! (Waving to him.) I love you.

And I want to acknowledge my fellow nominees, these goddesses. I think we all can't believe we're in a category with MckMama at all. I'm sorry, MckMama, but you have to just suck that up! And, just to the Academy, thank you so much, my God! Thank you!"

Oh, shoot. Was I dreaming just now? Must have been waking delusions brought on by a lack of sleep. I guess I'll further embarrass myself by talking about all of the other things I dreamt about doing this week, but of course didn't do. I was dreaming remember...

*********************************************************
I didn't encounter a malfunctioning automatically flushing toilet at work. Said toilet did not flush 3 times while I was trying to pee, splashing my backside and causing me to jump up to avoid the spray. I did not feel like I wanted to go to the gym just to take a quick shower since I was so grossed out by the whole thing. Things like that are part of a nightmare, not real life!

My 20 month old son used the potty for the first time this week! I must be dreaming right? Would it even be possible to get him completely trained by 2 years old? I should be happy about this right? I am not one of those weirdos that, after emptying a #2 out of his little potty, decided that I would rather wipe his diapered bum than deal with cleaning that nasty thing out every time.

Natey did not spend the night at his grandparents for the 1st time EVER on Friday. This would be a dream come true, right?? The hubbs and I aren't so lame that we went out to dinner and then went to see Coraline 3D with another couple instead of partying it up all night long. No way did my husband fall asleep on me 10 minutes into the movie because he'd had red wine at dinner. We did not go to sleep at 12 and still wake up early even though the boy wasn't home.

What did you "not" do this week??
*********************************************************
On a different note, I am selling items in my Etsy shop to benefit the Cora Paige Playground fund. 100% of the profits will be donated to this wonderful cause. If you'd like to help out and get something cute in return click on my Etsy shop or the pink button in my sidebar. It will take you to all of the wonderful items people are selling to raise money for the memorial playground. I will be adding more items in the next couple of days and you can also request custom items that aren't listed. See this post for examples.

16 comments:

  1. Oooh! You had alone time?! What was THAT like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading the first part and then I suddenly realize I follow the blog of the one and only KATE!!!!!

    Yeah, I am so excited!!

    Love the autopotty story!!!!
    Oh, the things we get to discuss when we "not me"

    ")

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20 months! My kids were potty trained years ago but I am still jealous! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is pretty sweet that you are doing that for Cora's Playground. You rock! My son used the potty early too. Then? He changed his mind and refuses to use it now. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job Nathan on using the potty. Before you know it he'll be using the adult potty and then you won't have to clean out the yucky potty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ew on the #2 in the potty. Makes me not want to try potty training anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! The toilet thing had me laughing. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great not me's


    I am starting a new post on the 12th of march called - Honor them Thursday - and I am looking for as many people to take part as possible. it will have mr linky so your person of honor can be seen by the world. it's a chance to honor the people you love wether it's your mom or dad or you partner or your child or one of your your friends or maybe some one has inspierd you. Honor them and say thankyou. I hope you will join in

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kam that story of the toilet at work killed me. I could just picture that happening to you, and I know how hard those things flush. They carry like compressed air and it creates like a sunami in that thing.

    I am going to try the marinade tonight. After I make them tomorrow I will come back and report my findings. Im sure IM gonna love it! Thanks for the recipe. Your still the best.

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    And yes that was my second time at number 7. The first time I was stalking and refreshing, but today honestly I just got lucky. I wanna say it was around 10:30 or something when i went there to do it. I expected a huge list as she usually posts it early in the morning. I was thinking that it was messed up when i saw it say your the first! If I would have typed my info faster I could have been higher up, but I wasnt even expecting it to work. fluke deal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, when the kids are away, the parents are supposed to play, but that never happens over here either. *sigh* That is awesome that you are donating all the proceeds to Cora. What a blessing. And the toilet one...I would have wanted a shower too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL on your "lame" night out! And so jealous if you get your little man trained by two. I have a two and a half year old fighting tooth and nail to stay in diapers. Off topic - your blog is probably the cutest I've seen. Didn't realize Aidanpod's mommy was a designer. Just emailed her so maybe one day my blog will rival yours in cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your speech would have received a standing ovation from me :)

    That's the one thing I'm not looking forward to with potty training....it's gonna get messy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that potty-training is in the works. That's such a fun phase to get out of!!

    Cute Not-Me's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate those automatic toilets.
    and my husband and I are hopeless the one time a year we get to be alone. We are exhausted.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??