Friday, February 27, 2009

Skinny jerk

I didn't go to work today. It was lovely. Although the reason wasn't lovely (a death in the family of my home care for Natey), we had a nice day as a family. We went to breakfast and then decided that, to reward me for all of my hard work in the gym, I could get a few new things! The whole point of the trip to the outlet mall {danger alert} was to get a couple new pairs of jeans. After an hour in the Banana Republic outlet I managed to walk away with 7 new shirts, 3 camisoles and, oops, no jeans. Oh well. I'll put up with my too big for me jeans until I fit back into the 6 pairs I have in the next size down. Oh, you thought I was going to tell you that the next size is an 8, huh? I'm not falling for that.

I have been so good at keeping my commitment to the gym. I do 45 minutes of cardio (run or elliptical) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, boot camp class on Thursday and then Tuesday and Saturday I go to the gym with my friendJoelle for weights. I rest on Sunday. Hey, even God rested on the 7th day. I am making progress but it still isn't going as fast as I'd like. Why is is so easy to gain 10 pounds and so painstakingly hard to loose it??

Well, since I didn't get to my work gym today, I coerced Joelle into going tonight for cardio. She hates cardio and, when I told her we had 45 minutes of it in our immediate future, I thought she might cancel on me. Luckily she is a trooper and we went, we perspired and we conquered the elliptical. I managed 5.13 miles and was feeling so good on my way home. I called the hubbs to see what he was up to and he had the cajones to ask me to stop at Newport Creamery and pick him up a hot fudge sundae!! Hey skinny guy that has never worked out one day in the 5+ years we have been together, don't ya know it is down right rude to ask your sweaty, workout attired, just busted out 5.13 miles wife to stop and pick you up a sundae????

Just to show myself what wonderful willpower I can have (sometimes), I got him his sundae and even said no when he offered me a bite. Why can he eat whatever he wants while I have to work out 6 times a week just to fit back into my clothes? Skinny jerk!

to sundaes

12 comments:

  1. Oh how LOVE you!!! You are soo right! I literally have about 40 pairs of jeans...I am NOT kidding. It is ridiculous...and AWESOME on the working out...I went to vegas for 3 days and gained 3 pounds...at that rate, I am glad I don't live there year round...Holey morbidly obese batman!!! =) You will do it!!! I can't believe you run 5 miles...I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Kameron, do NOT make yourself a Rocky Mountain Potato. You are doing awesome!! I can't believe your workout regime. It's amazing! And way to say no to the sundae, although pooh on Aaron for asking you! How on earth are you fitting in all the gym time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I messed up when I wrote "Baers Garten" on your sidebar. Can you put a space and capitalize the G? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!! On being so diligent at the gym, not for leaving the store with no jeans...although I can totally see how that can happen! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep it up...you are an inspiration. Good will power too. I would have given in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Great willpower ;) Doesn't it feel great to get into your groove at the gym? I've slipped down the slippery slope and am lucky to be working out 2x a week right now with the morning sickness and fatigue, but I'll get back into it soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the death. How great that your workouts are going so great! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha...is it horrible that I am glad Dan has as much trouble managing his weight as I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am inspired...trust me, I really need inspiration right now!

    ")

    ReplyDelete
  10. You rock! I'm so impressed with how well you are doing with your workout regime. I've been slacking a bit, and it makes me sad :( Also, it's not far that it takes me FOREVER to loose weight, and hubby doesn't even really try and looses 10 lbs like it's nothing. Guys stink like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for sticking to your workout regime and for saying no to temptation!

    I used to get so mad at Rob for the same reason but once he hit about 30? Yeah..it's alllll caught up with him.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??