Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A walk in the park

Our vacation served 2 purposes, to relax and attend Aaron's brother's wedding. The first couple of days we were in San Francisco it was in the upper 50's to low 60's and really windy, but you would never have known that on Sunday. Barak and Sarah were married in the Shakespeare Garden, in Golden Gate Park, on the most beautiful day of our trip. There was not even a breeze and it was a perfect 70 degrees out. Sarah looked gorgeous, Barak was his usual loud but dapper self, and we managed to keep Natey quiet except for a couple impromptu, "Hi, uncle B"s during the ceremony.

I said we managed to keep him quiet, I didn't say how!!He made up for it with a minute long hug to welcome his new Auntie to the family.
All of the Scampoli boys in attendance that day (3 uncles were missing). (Aaron, Uncle John, Tom (FIL), Barak holding Natey, Ollie and Danny. Yes, my hubby is 1 of 4 boys and his dad is one of 5 boys and 1 girl! Do you think I have ANY chance of having a girl??
Let us pray. :o)
Nathan smelling grandma's flower just before he ripped it apart.
They had a small reception-esk picnic lunch at the park following the ceremony and then we had a formal dinner reception later that evening for close friends and family.
This kid can sure eat! He devoured that whole smoked chicken leg!

Congratulations Barak and Sarah.
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
-- Sam Keen

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures...what a beautiful day to have a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful wedding indeed! I love her dress - it reminds me of something very vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful wedding!!!! I love the picnic reception!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures - especially your "keeping your toddler quiet" secret. : ) Hey, whatever works! What a gorgeous wedding - love those flowers! Sometimes I wish I had done a more casual wedding, but that just wasn't me. I'm SO not vintage or stylish.

    Nope, looks like you have NO CHANCE of a girl in your future. Scampoli boys it is. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is not your average wedding, HOW BEAUTIFUL. EVERYTHING from the weather, scenery, flowers, men's wear and that DRESS! I love different and that surely was.

    You guys looked great and the picnic was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! The wedding looked like a lot of fun! So wonderful that the weather cooperated!!

    I feel your pain on the girl scenario. My hubby has a brother & a sister...one has two boys & the other has three boys. And of course we have two boys... No girls. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great weekend weeding! How relaxed, fun and great it looks. Cute shots of Nate! Especially the one where you *somehow* kept him quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Great pictures. The dress and flowers are so pretty. And lucky lucky on the weather! LOL at Natey with the chicken leg. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a gorgeous and elegant wedding. I've never been to San Francisco before but would love to visit sometime. Glad you had a good time with your family !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some awesome photos!! Congrats to the happy couple!

    (I bet you totally have a fancy pants camera, huh? I'm so jealous....)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you snap those pictures...Man, you really have to get yourself a 1000 camera and see what you can do...they are amazing and I am totally jealous of that weather! Great job there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty ceremony! Buncha handsome guys in the family, too. :-) So, I guess the consolation is that if you DON'T have a girl you probably won't have an ugly boy, either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just stopping by to take another look-see and walk down memory lane...I love the shots you took Kam, can i get in on this action? I would love the link to the photo site you used (if you did) so I can get some prints made. I have an insatiable desire to frame and hang prints of our wedding all over the house! And the photos you took are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??