Monday, June 8, 2009

Going to the Chapel...

This was the first of our 3 weddings (and hopefully no funerals) summer. Aaron's friend Pat married his gorgeous wife Monica in the botanical gardens on Saturday. It was pretty full when we got there so we sat in the back and off to the side and I added reason 1,462 to the Kameron needs a Nikon D90 (or D60, I'm not super picky) cause....the ability to zoom in!! Monica's dress was gorgeous and I thought she looked so beautiful.
Of course I had to get a new dress for the occasion. I almost bought the same dress as Heather had for a recent wedding, but since another girl showed up in it, I was glad I got something else!! My hubby was even thoughtful enough to set up an appointment for me to get my hair blown out on Saturday so I didn't have to do it myself. I hate blow drying my hair!! It always comes out frizzy and takes me 40 minutes.
The wedding was at 2:30 and the reception started shortly thereafter so it made for a long day for this pregnant girl. I'm pretty sure I gained 5 pounds that day since there was so much food served! Even with an empire waist I was feeling the cinching at the end! It was nice to have a toddler free day since my friend Joelle took him for the night. I got to hang out with our friends and talk which I don't get to do very often (read never).

They had no official MC, just a pre-programmed playlist but they did get many laughs by setting up this cut-out of Obama near the computer and calling him the DJ! Even with no liquid courage I was able to be stupid for pictures. Around 9 pm I started to fade and we had to go home and call AAA anyway since my hubby so smartly locked the keys in his truck before we left for the wedding, so we made our exit. One wedding down, 2 more to go. I will be growing exponentially from now until September when the last wedding is so it should make for some funny comparisons!

13 comments:

  1. Looks lovely....where are those gardens? I don't recognize the location at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress!!! It looks super cute on you. And what a beautiful bride too! Love the cake.

    Dang, I'm glad I'm not pregnant now - I DON'T miss worrying about every stinkin' pound I gained!! well, I worry about it now, but I don't have to weigh in and watch someone glare at me!

    And yes, you need a Nikon!!! I would love to get a zoom lens... and I'll have to check out the D90!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Bride and Groom! She has wonderful taste in flowers and cake!

    Your dress is FABULOUS and that second pic of you and the hubbs is smokin hot. You don't even look pregnant - you go girl.

    Giving the wrap around to Obama is PRICELESS.. too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so silly. I love the dress you chose. Super cute.
    The bride was gorgeous and that cake looked awesome. I hope it tasted as good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you look soo pretty in your dress and I MISS, MISS, MISS being at the phaze where all my friends are getting married...BOO HOO!!!! Love the dress for the bride and the cake too. That looks soo fun...and the OBAMA pose...Only you!!!! ;) Sorry I have been absent...under the weather and then a garage sale...WIPED OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked beautiful in that dress! What a great spot for a wedding beautiful gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful, I love the dress! I have fantasies about the D90, and it doesn't help that everyone besides me seems to have one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You looked fab! I LOVE that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great dress, and you look fabulous!! Oh, and that wedding cake is looking really good right about now as my mid-afternoon snack craving is kicking in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a beautiful wedding! Great photos, and I'll have to remember to check back to see your 'progress'. Congrats on the pregnancy!!! =0)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I love to shop at Garage Sales..I just can't stand hosting them!!! But now that it is over, I will do it all over again! Cha Ching!!! ;) Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous wedding! Have I ever told you how much I love them? Seriously, they are the best kind of party around...everyone is happy, there is good food and wine, and dancing.

    In your case, even Obama makes to stop by to spin the records. :)

    You are fun, Kameron.

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are right, the bride is fabulous! I love the dress on both you and her!
    Last pic? The best.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??