Thursday, June 11, 2009

Random Ramblings

I'm hoping on board the random train with Brooke and Liz this week. Sometimes you just have a bunch of tidbits that need to leave your head before you loose it.

****************
Natey's birthday is Saturday. I might cry at the fact that my baby is going to be 2. I am making him a dinosaur birthday cake and, while I might be slightly crafty, I have never made a themed cake. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it is identifiable as a dinosaur, ok?
****************
Liz and I are joining forces to do a craft show in July, the South County Hot Air Balloon Festival. This is not some piddly disappointment like the one I did before. Nope, there will be thousands of people walking through. I am a bit freaked out going from 10 people, all over the age of 80, to thousands. I have been so tired and it has been hard for me to want to sew after I get Natey down at 8pm, but Liz gave me the best idea ever!! She suggested I cut and iron fabric when I'm tired, as this is the easy part of sewing. I think it will help me get a little more organized since I can have tons of things ready to sew and then just knock them out at one time! Wish us luck in our preparation!
****************
My hubbs read my blog for the first time yesterday. Granted I told him to read it since the post was meant for him, but at least he obliged. He couldn't resist voting that we are having a boy. He is so convinced that he only makes Y chromosomes. Let's hope we prove him wrong!!
****************
Speaking of the baby. I only have to wait 19 more days to know what we're having!!!! AAHHHHH!!! I think I might have a little contest and giveaway. Yep....I will start planning that...right after Natey's birthday party!
****************
I will be corralling Natey to help me participate in the Vlogemotions carnival later. I wanted to do it this morning but we all woke up late. He has a new trick that has been cracking us up. You should go check out some of the other vlogs. Nikki and Heidi are always good for a laugh.
****************
I think this post officially has the most freakin links I have ever posted at one time. Heck, maybe more than a normal week's worth, but oh well! Have a great Thursday and come back later to see Natey in action!

14 comments:

  1. The craft show sounds great! I'll be praying for both of you! Ahhh...2nd birthday. I think that was harder than the 1st for me! I can't wait to see how the cake turns out!

    19 more days? How exciting! I always wanted a little girl, but Trevor & Tyler are best buds already. So I think it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one, love your rambles Mrs. Kam!

    Can't wait to see how your dinosaur cake turns out - fingers crossed that it won't turn out looking like a dog on crack, ok! :)

    B acts like he dosen't read my blog but I catch him coming home and asking me about something I posted that could have pissed a family member off. WTF it's my blog douche and I can say what I want. It's not like I would hesitate to tell someone it was them if they asked me. He never is like, oh your so sweet for what you posted about me.. or, I love the picture of such and such.. It's always.. you better hope your boss never see's your blog because you would get fired! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the cake.

    Dan never reads my blog - he doesn't want to.

    I am thinking about doing a vlog today too...but Dan is home and I don't want him to watch me/be heard laughing at me in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so hoping this show will go so much better than your last one. Im sure that it will!

    Cant wait to see little Natey doing that trick. He would be a winner just sitting there doing nothing hes so darn cute!

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope natey has a great birthday party on Saturday! Sorry we will miss it but when we get back we will have to get together so he can open his gift. Can't wait to see what that lill man has you all cracking up about.

    Lov Ariana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see how the cake comes out! I bet it'll come out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the cake making! I'm sure Natey will love it! It was rough when Lexie turned 2...she just seemed so old!
    Good luck getting ready for the craft show!
    I'm so excited to hear what you are having. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the cake - I'm SO not crafty in that department.

    Aaron NEVER reads your blog??? And apparently other husbands don't either. Well, Chad used to read my daily when it was sent directly to his e-mail... but then something happened and he stopped getting them. But he still reads it (obviously, since he comments). Glad Aaron read that one - it was the sweetest and I'm totally copying it for our anniversary. Actually, I had started a similar one for Chad's 30th, but with Aidan's birthday, it got lost in the shuffle. I must say, that first pic of your man is pretty hot!!! You got a keeper there, for sure! And blanched tomatoes?? Chad doesn't even know what that means! : )

    Good luck at the craft show. And I can't stinkin' wait 19 days for you to find out - how are you going to announce it? Something clever, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will have so much fun at the craft fair! I love your designs-could you make the cupcake one in my size?
    I think you are having a....shoot, I am so bad at this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kam, Ask-A-Dad answering your question on whether or not to attend the Red Sox Game with your man. If you choose to go, brush up on your stats prior to the game (mlb.com) and eat at least one sausage and drink two non-light beers while you're there. If you're not a beer drinker, replace the beers with chili nachos. Also, try to yell at the umpire at least 3 times. Cursing helps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh Oooh Oooh! Can't wait to find out what you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so wish I could come to that craft show and sit and chat and laugh with you girls. How fun!

    Oh, and the next 19 days will probably seem to go by so s....l....o....w! The anticipation is killing me, so I know it's awful for you!

    Matt reads my blog every now and again just to see what I'm up to while I'm not working :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to hear all about the party! My best friend started making cakes a couple of years ago so she is going to do Drew's this year.

    Also, loved TemTem's shirt! I'm going to have to order something for Drew!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look up Intelligender. It is a urine test that can predict gender of fetus. It is supposed to be 80% accurate! Oh, and I am voting for a girl too!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??