Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sorry Daddy. No Bunk beds!!

Meet my little GIRL!!! You have probably already seen my tweets in the side bar, but it is official. I saw it with my own eyes! She wasn't very cooperative, I must say. She was breech, with her back to the camera when we started the ultrasound. I had a moment of panic like we were going to be told she couldn't see it or something! The tech tried for a couple of minutes and then said she would do all of the measurement stuff first and then we'd try again. Well, after 5-10 minutes of looking around we finally got a peek. It didn't help that when she did get in the right position she had her feet in her crotch!

I have always wanted one of each and am so happy it worked out this way. The hubbs, on the other hand, wanted a little brother for Natey. I would have been happy either way, but I really wanted ruffles and Bubbalou headbands in my life too. Aaron's aunt and uncle had a girl, 3 years ago in February. When I found out I was pregnant with Nate, they gave me all of her baby clothes (before I found out I was having a boy). I have had the boxes in my attic since then! You think I was holding out hope that I'd have a girl eventually?

The winner of the Baby {girl} Day Giveaway is random number generated 6. That would be Heidi at Sacred and Profane. Let me know which gift certificate you want and email me your address!

Thanks to everyone who sent pink, frilly thoughts my way!

20 comments:

  1. I am just tickled pink for you Kam! So exciting to see all the fun stuff you start buying and MAKING for your sweet girl. Ok.. now it's time to start thinking MORE about girl names..YAY!

    congrats Heidi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so excited. i couldn't wait to get home and hear the news. i almost called jake on the way home from class to see if he would check my tweets and facebook and blog...to see what you were having.

    yay!!! so glad it's a girl!! here's hoping she gets natey's curls!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Yay for baby girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, yay, YAY for ruffles and flowers and headbands and barrettes, Mary Janes and BabyLegs, dollies and dress-up. Sure, Natey would've done well with a lil' bro, but you need a girl to put him in his place!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more excited that you're having a girl than I am that I won your giveaway!!! HOORAY!!!!! It's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you! Little girls are precious. You will love having one of each!
    Oh-and start putting some money aside. You won't be able to stop shopping for her!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comgratulations Kameron! You will so love having a little girl...for the most part! jk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm, hello!!!! I totally called this one, Kameron. I knew it! I knew you were having a girl.

    OK, so my odds of being right were 50/50, but whatev. I knew it. :)

    Congratulations, my friend. Having a girl is a blast...until they turn on you. You are gonna love it.

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! I am soooo jealous! I want a girl...will you send her to me???? Im not asking too much am I?

    Oh, and BTW your new cell phone is on order with mine...LOL!

    Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! A GIRL! YYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! Congrats!

    But after she is born you will quickly realize just how easy boys really are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for you!! I may have to throw something in your package for the baby girl!!!!!

    In other news, I got a virus at work on Friday (probably while I was on myspace...) so now I am afraid to ck blogs while I am work!! Now I'm getting in some time while Jon gives Drewbie a bath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, it's a girl! I'm a little late to the party here, but I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I'm so glad to hear you get a GIRL this time!!!! That's awesome. =0)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS - My "Cameron" was a girl too.... til he came out and they said "She's here...oh but she's a HE." Let me tell ya, it ticked me OFF!!!!! He was "Bailey" til she was a he and then he was "Cameron". Thought you'd like his name.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So happy for you. You're going to love having a little girl!!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??