Friday, November 7, 2008

Enough for one day

Before I get in to this post I want to thank my friend Liz at About a Boy (or Two) for making my amazing new layout and header! Pop over to her blog to check her out and let her know what an awesome job she did!
**********************************************************

I have had a long day. I had minor surgery on my arm to remove a suspect mole that they sent out for biopsy and now my sutures are bleeding. I already had a flu shot and a dentist visit this week, so I am all poked and prodded out. Natey didn't get his morning nap and decided an hour in the afternoon was enough for him. He has been running me ragged all day. For those of you who have 3+ kids, I hope none of them are as crazy as my almost 17 month old. If they are, God bless you because I don't know if I could do it if there were more of him. As we speak he is screaming (for fun not because he's upset) while daddy finishes up the bed time routine. He's lucky he's so cute. It's the only thing that keeps me from duct taping him to the floor some days.

**********************************************************
I also promised my hubby's brother that I would hem his pants for a wedding he was going to tonight. I just got my sewing machine and hadn't even set it up yet. I had to run to the fabric store at 2:30pm to get thread and some shears (and of course some fun fabric to practice for my first real project). I got home and managed to measure, cut, zigzag stitch and whip stitch his pants and was finished with 10 min to spare before he had to leave! I must say, for my first sewing project since I made scrunchies for myself in high school, I did a great job. Yes, I said scrunchies. You know you had them and rocked 'em like they were going out of style!
**********************************************************
I am tired and bleeding and have a bizillion shows to catch up with on my DVR so that is all for now. Isn't my new layout cute?? Thanks again Liz!!!

15 comments:

  1. Sorry your sutures are bleeding - that is definitely no fun!!

    I'm glad you like your layout!! I am on to work on a couple more - thanks for being my first real test subject!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart - you have been put through hell this week.

    I LOVE the dimples on your handsome little boy - I bet him and my crazy 2 1/2 year old would drive anyone to drinking. I feel your pain sista!!

    The new background and header is cute as a button!!

    DVR = can't live without it!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new layout. Very fresh and mod! Hope you feel better and can get some rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I am so jealous of your sewing machine! I did my college internship in a Summer Stock costume department doing alterations. I would love how to sew better. Let us know how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New layout is adorable, she did a great job... Praying the mole situation turns out okay. My two year old sounds just like your little one. Lot of work.

    Have fun catching up on your shows. That is what I need to go and do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that - I got out of having to make a header!! I love it! The colors are super cute. But Chad and I will still show you some blog secrets, just for HTML fun - ya know, because HTML is the funnest!

    Sorry to hear about the poking and prodding... and oh man, if Aidan is as active as Natey, I'm gonna be in for it!

    Oh, turns out we have the good photographer for our session. yay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new layout is awesome!!!!

    I hope you get to feeling better! Stitches are YUCK! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries - I am thinking about making some christmas backgrounds (I found some really fun christmas stuff) I am going to make a couple (will be a generic download like cutest blog does) But yeah I will do a new blog for you once you get the new pics - three column won't be an issue, but will involve a little more coding and we might actually have to get together so I can access your html myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new layout but I am so sorry for the problems you are having! You are bleeding woman, tell that man to sew his own damn pants! :) Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that you are starting to feel better....I know how those days go. But I will say that I am still realing over the dentist trip. Top 5 posts of all time for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry it was so rough! I too have a hyper active boy and always say it is a good thing he wasn't our first! I wouldn't trade him, but wow it is exhausting! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you are bleeding!

    I completely understand about being overwhelmed with one little monster. I have a friend with 3 boys, and I don't know how she is still sane.

    Oh, and I loved scrunchies. I made tons for myself in junior high and high school!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It IS cute - and so is your screaming son! COrban is lucky he's cute, too (my 2 year old) or I'd sell him to the gypsies.

    Hope your day is mo' bettah tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The article was very informative at all ! Thank you for sharing something useful .
    moneylender
    singapore money lender

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??