Monday, November 10, 2008

Not Me! Monday

Another week has gone by and that means another 7 days of things I could not have possibly done! Drop on by MckMama's blog and get your free therapy by seeing that you're not alone in the random happening of the week!
**********************************************************
I did not sign up for a flu shot, a dentist visit and minor surgery all in the same week! I am not a glutton for punishment and am smart enough to space these things out.

While having surgery on my arm, I did not have an entire conversation with the doctor and nurse about living in California and the celebrities I used to wait on while putting myself through school. I don't even know how that topic came up. I did not also love the fact that they were hanging on my every word like I too was a celebrity for even coming in contact with these people. I don't need attention to make myself feel good!

I did not scream at my hubby several times for bumping into my stitches and sending a shot of pain up my arm. I never scream. Nope, not me!! I always nicely state my feelings. After lecturing him on being more careful, I did not bang the same spot on the refrigerator door and try not to scream again.

I did not almost do the happy dance when I got the guy hygienist at the dentist office (see this post for details). I also did not smile smugly and walk by the room where the annoying woman hygienist was talking the head off of some poor unsuspecting soul trapped in her chair! Nope, not me!

My toddler was not acting like a lunatic to the point I wanted to duct tape him to the floor. Not my child! He is so well behaved and never hits me or the TV with the remote (or his blocks, or his sippy cup...etc).

I did not buy my son a Boobah book because he was amazed by the bright colors and because it was the only thing keeping him quiet in the store. I HATE that show and would never promote those stupid blobby weird [animals?] things. {What the heck are they supposed to be anyway??}


I did not lay awake last night wondering and worrying about when to have another baby. Part of that worry was not about whether I am capable of handling another baby in conjunction with the crazy, screamy, high energy munchkin I already have running around.

What did you "not" do this week??

25 comments:

  1. Ahh, baby spacing! Hardest decision in the world, huh? Every time I have gotten pregnant, even when planned, I have freaked right out, then reminded me that I had nine months to prepare! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there is ever a right answer to the question of when to have another baby. My first was the onlly one who was planned, so I guess the decision was kinda made for me. If I had it to do over I'd say two years is a good age gap. How old is Natey again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is never a right time...there is never a wrong time...really - no matter what it is exhausting...my only thought was I am already tired and crazy may as well do it now - why wait until I am resting to go through this all over again!!

    Hope your arm is feeling better!! (incisions suck!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I love the one where you screamed at your hubby...I mean NOT screamed. That is soo me! I love the new look too. Adorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duct taping your kid to the floor...hmmm...interesting idea... :)

    The new layout looks good! The header is adorable! Liz did great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dentist chair one had my cracking up. I have been there too much this past month listening to them rant over me while drilling in my tooth. Blah, Blah drill, drill. Glad you got the cool hygenist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Not me's and the sweet picture of lil man "reading"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH! Thank you! I was wondering why I didn't have any love!
    Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment - okay, I've never heard of boobah, the kids in my life are too old for this probably... but if that's what they are in the pic.. oh my am I glad of that! I have a hard enough time coping with a sponge wearing pants and a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, poor lady, you had a crazy week! Sending good wishes this week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Not Me! comments this week - hilarious!!! I think Aidan enjoyed them too! At least he's not cranky right now while I'm typing, which is NOT NORMAL. Man, I can't WAIT to meet Natey and see how crazy and active he really is! I wonder how Aidan will be this time next year???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Duct taping and boobah! Can't stop laughing...shhh...youngest is napping now! Have a good week!
    CountryMom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look of your blog!! Nice decor and love the colors!!
    Great Not Me's! Hope your arm is doing better. Your little one is adorable!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What kind of mom am I that I've never heard of Boobah? (Ughh, I just learned what the Wiggles are from a friend the other day!) And I hear you in the "another kid" department!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I HATE the Boobah's too!! Your post is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never yelled at my husband either...I ALSO always state things nicely...weird!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do NOT have a sister who lives in California and works for someone famous. My friends do NOT want me to give them LOTS of details. I do NOT feel like a "semi celebrity" because of it....that would be silly!

    BTW....he is a CUTIE and I promise that he (and you) will have that little baby as soon as God decides it is the right time....and you will say "It was the PERFECT time" to have this new little addition!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Boobah is pretty weird too! I sometimes wonder why the kids love 'em.

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  20. don't stress about the baby. god works everything out perfect even when we try to plan it. i so have never had to stress about WHEN to have a baby though...so what do i know...

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you got the guy hygenist! Hope your arm is feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a theory on what the boobahs are supposed to be, but this blog is rated G.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You had a crazy week! Love the pic of your little one..so cute despite the weird boobahs

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am soooooo happy that my kids are out of the Boobah stage. Man, they drove me nuts! Boobah's, not my kids, even though they drive me nuts sometimes too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - big week!!!!!

    (I love that I almost made you spit out your water though :)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??