Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back on track


I have been a bit neglectful of my 101 in 1001 lately. Not that it isn't in the back of my mind all of the time, but I haven't really been focusing on it.

I am still stuck on 3 books out of 50. This has to do with the whopper of a book I started but can't really get into the story. The book is almost 800 pages and I'm about half way through right now. The people who recommended this book said it changed their lives...I'm still wondering if I am reading the same book they did, or if the life changing wonderfulness hasn't happened yet. I have decided to take a break from the book and read something else I will like better. I will come back to it, however, since I am not one to leave something half finished.

I have completely bagged goal #25. I thought it would be good for me to expand my vocabulary, but learning a new word every day has turned out to be quite a drag. Maybe the way I went about it through dictionary.com is why it stinks, but i hate it none the less. I want my goals to be fulfilling, not irritating, so I will be replacing it with something else soon.

Goal #38 has been sitting there taunting me. I used to exercise 5 days a week, without fail. I even kept that up the whole time I was pregnant, only stopping with 2 weeks left before I had Nathan. I don't know why I have fallen off the wagon so badly, but I hate it. I don't sleep as well, I don't have the energy I did before, and of course I am hating the way my body looks right now. I do not want to get pregnant again with this extra weight, so when I start back to work on the 5th I am going to attack this goal, with a vengence!!

I was doing so well with using the reusable grocery bags, but have fallen off the wagon with those too. My old car comes out of the shop tomorrow and I will transfer the bags from my old trunk to my new one and work harder on using them again!

I did manage to make progress of 2 other goals this week. I went to my 2nd concert (out of the 3 on my goals) and we tried a new restaurant. I am now at 4/10 on that goal. I have decided that the new restaurant thing only applies to me and not Aaron. He grew up here and has been to a lot of places that I haven't, so if it's new to me, then I'm counting it! We went to Cuban Revolution for lunch on Sunday. It came highly recommended so I wanted to try it out. I need to start asking people what dish they love when they tell me about places because one of the dishes we got was just so-so. I liked the steak sandwich, it was a nice Cuban twist on a staple, and had great spices and flavor. The chicken burrito we got (we always share our food) was kind of bland so I wouldn't order it again. Nathan loved the black beans and rice, although he did deposit them all over me when we got home (see this post).

I hesitate to make "New Years resolutions" as I feel I never stick to them. We'll just say I am going to renew my commitment to my 101 and call it a day!

10 comments:

  1. I think you are doing great with keeping these up! It's hard enough for me to create my list! I have like 7 more to come up with, and I just don't want to make up silly ones either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great - I couldn't even get up the gumption to make a list that long! Baby steps count..keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a renewed commitment to 101would totally count as resolutions. I hope that this year they all come much easier for you. I think it is a really neat idea. Something I should try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try the Urban Word of The Day! Some of them are a little "off color", but most of them are just hilarious! And it sends it to your email everyday!

    And I totally think that running a household, working fulltime, and raising an 18 month old totally qualifies as working out! (if not then I'm in trouble!)

    I'm going to start a 101 in 1001 list now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great!!! Out of curiosity, what book were you trying?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just curious ... did you create your 101 things to do/accomplish list or did is it a standard list?

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doing great! Just take one thing at a time and don't get too overwhelmed. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the same boat... it's hard to keep up with something! I took out a few goals because they were just stupid to keep track of. And I still never came up with 101. I ran out of steam after 86.

    I'm blaming the weather on my lack of exercise... I couldn't even drive to the gym! But now I can. Stupid clear roads. I wonder what I'll actually be able to do with work starting up. THat's the killer for me.

    Anyway, have a Happy New Year tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent ..
    Superb .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds
    additionally? I’m satisfied to seek out so many useful info right here within the post, we’d like develop more
    strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing.

    I love this site – its so usefull and helpfull Pakar Seo this website is extremely helpful Pakar Seo its so usefull and helpfull Pakar Seo

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??