Monday, December 1, 2008

Not Me! Monday


It is Monday again, and while today is usually one of my favorites, I'm not ready for this one. I'm half awake (see below) and not quite ready for the start of a new week. If you are, head on over to MckMama's and fess up. You'll be glad you did!
***********************************************************

I did not allow my 17 month old to watch DVDs of the Backyardigans and Finding Nemo in the car and on most of the flight to and from Oregon. I don't like him watching that much TV and would never intentionally make him a cartoon zombie so I could "relax" (I use the term loosely) while we were traveling.

I did not pack an entire tiny cooler with milk, yogurt and other food for our trip to my dad's only to leave it in my Aunt's fridge. If I did that, I would not have been cursing and wanting to turn around and go back to get it when we were over an hour away from her house. I did not do the exact same thing last year with pumped breast milk and cry since that was liquid gold and I had gotten up in the middle of the night to get it!!!

I didn't have a Freudian slip and yell my brother's name at my son when he was about to knock over a plant on Thanksgiving. I am a parent to my own kid and do not still need to parent my brother...that would just be crazy....and we are 28 and 30!

The whole family (including little Natey) did not sleep in until 10:36am on Sunday!!! I did not pray for Nate to sleep in 'til at least 8 and was not completely overjoyed when I woke up and realized the boy had slept for 15 hours! None of us have slept in that late since he was born.



It is not 4:20 am and I am not about to leave for the airport. I just got back from a 9 day trip on Sat afternoon. Why would I ever be flying to Colorado only a day and a half later? Oh yes, that thing called work....I must be dreaming right now because I am definitely not awake! Nope, not me!

Natey and me on the flight home....Saturday

WhatAlign Center did you "not" do this week???

13 comments:

  1. I have never packed something only to leave it either. Great list. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating that must NOT have been. I have NOT ever forgotten things either. Have a safe trip to Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name mix up! My son is 28 - we still call him "Lucky" and call the dog (who is 14) "Luke." Ooops! And only Lucky has lived here for the last 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of traveling- have a good trip and get some sleep! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, that cooler thing stinks and the cartoon thing on the plane...I think we have all been there...one time I DID NOT give my kid benadryl to sleep on the plane. That would be bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the videos! I felt so guilty putting those on for her on our flight home this fall, but we both needed her to try and "zone" out for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for nemo and backyardigans LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love NEMO! That little fish has helped me get SOOOO much cleaning done and even a shower or two! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! We have to watch a lot of tv on trips too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl.. you have had a crazy couple of days! I am very well know for having my kids "zombie out" to a movie or video. A Mom's gotta do what a Mom's gotta do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tv is our friend, Kameron, not our enemy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??