Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ordinary Extraordinary

The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Inspiration: The 101/1001 challenge was created by triplux and I found it on a friend's blog
Timeline: September 1, 2008 through May 30, 2011

I will keep track of the tasks at least weekly and I put it in the sidebar so I can update it without having to update the original blog. I am really excited to start this and please, keep me honest and get on me if you see me lagging! I hope to inspire some of you to start your own list.



For Peace of Mind
1. Change all passwords on my accounts

2. Put all assets into a revocable living trust

3. Get all recipes typed out and organized

4. Back up all important documents (pictures, birth certificates, etc…)

5. Organize and shred unnecessary items in file cabinet

6. Keep the whole house spotless for 2 weeks (0/14)

7. No dining out for 30 days in a row (0/30)

For Myself

8. Have another baby

9. One day of each week, do not watch TV (0/142)

10. Pull off a really good practical joke

11. Identify 100 things that make me happy (0/100)

12. Have a professional bra fitting

13. Make one new real friend

14. Kayak once a summer (0/2)

15. Take a hot air balloon ride

16. Have a spa day with a friend

17. Visit 3 new states (0/3)

18. Get a promotion

19. Attend 3 concerts (0/3)

20. Visit another country

For Expansion of my Mind and Spirit
21. Learn to play an instrument

22. Take a photography course and create a photography portfolio

23. Take a scrapbooking class

24. Learn to sew

25. Learn a new word every day (0/1001)

26. Win a trivia night at Union Station or Fado

27. Take a cake decorating class and decorate a cake in fondant

28. Read 50 books (0/50)

29. Write a journal article from my thesis

30. Take advantage of tuition reimbursement and take at least 2 classes

31. Take at least one surfing lesson (0/1)

32. Take at least 5 tennis lessons (0/5)

33. ***Private Goal***
For my Health
34. Fit back in to my skinny jeans

35. Take a multi-vitamin everyday for 6 months (0/182)

36. Drink nothing but water for one month (0/30)

37. Get my teeth whitened

38. Work out 4X a week (except on vacation)

For my Kid(s)
39. Build a snowman

40. Build a sand castle

41. Dress up for Halloween with a theme for me, Natey and Aaron (well, maybe Aaron)

42. Take Nathan to a Red Sox Game and sit in the field section

43. Teach Nathan all of the countries of the world and their capitols (and learn them myself) (0/193)

44. Make all of my own baby food for baby #2

For my Husband
45. Get boudoir pictures done

46. See the top 25 greatest films as voted by IMDB (0/25)

47. Have a date night with Aaron twice a month (0/64)

48. Learn to parallel park

49. Eat 5 things I swear I hate but haven't tried since I was a kid (0/5)

50. Try 10 new restaurants (0/10)

51. Cook 2 new recipes a month (0/64)

52. Go to Six Flags in NJ and ride the fastest, highest rollercoaster in the world- Kingda Ka

53. Help Aaron re-do the bathroom

For Others
54. Give ten “just because” gifts (0/10)

55. Give blood once (even though I HATE it)

56. Pay for the person behind me in the drive-thru

57. Volunteer in a soup kitchen

58. Use only Etsy to buy everyone on my list their Christmas gift one year (or hand make myself)

59. Put flowers on someone's grave who I don't know

60. Make my own Christmas Cards one year

61. Make cards for different occasions and start a card box

62. Write and mail at least one "thinking of you" card each month. (0/32)

63. Leave a 100% tip at a restaurant for exceptional service

64. Send someone flowers

65. Do the MS walk every year (0/2)

66. Put change in someone’s expired meter

67. Buy a gift for 3 children for the Christmas Angel program

68. Give up a parking space in a crowded lot to the person behind me

For the Environment
69. Buy and use rechargeable batteries.

70. Eliminate use of plastic bags while grocery shopping

71. Get a new Recycling Bin and use it religiously

72. Replace all the light bulbs with energy efficient ones (once they burn out of course!)

73. Plant a vegetable garden

74. Plant an herb garden

For Shits and Giggles
75. Wine tasting

76. Host a dinner party

77. Go Ice skating once a year (0/2)

78. Send a message in a bottle

79. Watch the sun rise 10 times (0/10)

80. Take pictures in a photo booth

81. Bake bread from scratch 3 times

82. Apply to be on a game show

83. Host a fabulous pot-luck dinner

84. Get a tarot reading

85. Fly first class

86. Sing karaoke at a bar

87. Submit a secret to Post Secret

88. Have a photo scavenger hunt

89. Sneak attack someone with water balloons

90. Drive the speed limit for one day (ALL day)

91. Go a day without speaking

92. Dye my hair a different color

93. Build something

94. Start and maintain a blog (weekly & including my 101 list)

Don’t FORget the past
95. Take an “us picture” every month (0/32)

96. Put together Nathan’s first year scrapbook

97. Put together wedding scrapbook

98. Create a time capsule to be opened when I turn 50

99. Put together a memory book about my mom

100. Take a picture of the family every month (0/32)

101. Keep a journal of all completed tasks

***I reserve the right to modify the list slightly as time goes on, but this post will be the original I cam look back on!***

2 comments:

  1. This is so inspirational! I love lists like this! It makes me want to make my own! Please keep me updated on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So looking at your sidebar on your blog, I was curious what this 101 in 1001 really was. I am so inspired, and I think I might just have to look a little more into this and start on my own! How cool.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??