Monday, May 18, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Ok. I give in. I am not perfect. I try to be, but I mess up from time to time. Join me over at MckMama's and let's all share what makes us human this week!

I have not been semi-boycotting the whole Not Me thing when it used to be my favorite post of the week. I didn't feel immense pressure to come up with a witty intro and instead just decide not to write a post rather than let down my readers. I am not that petty. Nope, not me!
*************************************************************
We are planting two vegetable and herb gardens in our yard. We got the raised beds all set up last weekend and were supposed to go get the plants for them. We did not stupidly bring Natey to the farm to get the seedlings:

1. At 5 pm when we were all hungry starving
2. When the sky looked like it was about to open up and poor down rain

We did not begin to put plants on a cart only to get frustrated by the fact that Nate was pulling seedlings out by the roots, having a fit about being strapped into the stroller, and demanding food. We did not proceed to put all of the plants back and then leave without anything to go eat. At least we wised up yesterday and dropped the kid off at the grandparents for an hour so we could get what we needed in peace.We were not so embarrassed by the whole incident that we went to a different farm the next day.
*********************************************************
I did not go the entire day yesterday and forget I was pregnant until someone brought up the possibility of being hung over after a wedding we will be going to in July. I didn't stare at her blankly for a moment and then remind her that I will in fact NOT be hung over since I will not be drinking. She didn't feel like an idiot since she also knows I am pregnant.
*********************************************************
My well behaved insane, almost 2 year old, did not announce to the whole restaurant we were eating at that he was pooping. I did not very quietly remind him that he was tooting, not pooping and that he should say excuse me. He didn't proceed to yell, "Cuse me. I'm tootin". At this point I did not give up and sit there red in the face and smile at anyone who was staring.
*********************************************************

What did you "not" do this week?

12 comments:

  1. HA! Corban is gonna come teach Natey a fun trick that involved farting and then standing up, bending over and announcing "I fah-ted, smell my butt!"

    Ghetto white trash, generation 6.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, and such a toddler thing for Nate to do! Forget you are pregnant? NICE! that means things are going well, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poopin and Tootin huh? Thank god he didn't stick his hand down his crack and ask you to smell it while in Church! Yeah, that was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me of when my munchkin stood in her chair at Ruby Tuesday's, starting pulling at her tights and, when I told her to sit down, yelled out "I'VE GOT A WEDGIE!!" The folks at tables around us erupted in laughter. The restaurant was full, too, since it was Mothers Day. She was about 3 at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a boy for ya! I love it. Atleast he didn't scream "ouch my wenis" as you were walking him out of the sanctuary at church. Yeah big fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well.... at least he was polite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh about the 'Cuse me. I'm tootin. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason, my Bloglines account does not like your blog very much....I only get notice of an updated post from you like 24 hours after you post it....arghh!

    Anyway, hope you had a great Monday. T does the same thing in public places by letting everyone know about all of her bodily functions. And the one time Matt had to use a restroom at a bookstore, when he came out, she yelled to the store "Daddy pooping!".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah...boys boys boys...I mean honestly why is that so interesting????

    And your friend who wants you to have a hangover...you should politely put a picture of you passed out in her purse...just as a cruel joke. Not that I would do that...NOPE NOT ME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIKES! I am so glad the extent of Itty Bit's public humiliation so far as been yelling BOOBIES and something that sounded like PERCY! That is too hilarious that Natey announced it!

    And - how did the invitations turn out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??