Sunday, June 28, 2009

All Aboard!

I love it when the weather man is wrong.

Well, let me rephrase that. I love it when the forecast says rain all dang day after you have already purchased non-refundable tickets to an outdoor event and then it turns out to be hot and sunny. Yes, I enjoyed that very much. We had a great time. Tyler came for a sleepover Friday night and Saturday morning we managed to get everything together and head out to Edaville Railroad in MA and ride Thomas the Train. Mind you we didn't leave at 8:30 like my grand plans dictated. Nope, we managed to sprint out of the house at 9:30, speed the whole 50 some odd miles to Edaville, stop to get gas since the gas light came on and then dash like mad (no seriously, pregnant me was running pushing the boys in a double stroller!!) to make our 10:50 train ride. We were literally the last ones to board the train a whole 2 minutes before it departed. Thank God. The guy taking the tickets even commented because I parked the stroller, pulled both boys out as fast as possible, had one one each hip and my baby bump sticking out as we rushed to the train. It was all worth it as the boys took in the sites and sounds of riding the railroad, pulled by Thomas himself.
After the train ride we checked out some of the other cool engines, broke a few rules (the boys are covering the sign that says "no climbing on the engine"), rode a few more rides, ate $30 worth of nasty amusement park food and then decided to call it quits and head home for naps. It was fun, but I felt like I needed the biggest nap of all. Lord help me when number two arrives on scene. I don't know how I'm going to hang toting more than just crazy Natey around!

7 comments:

  1. How cool is THAT? Wish we had a Thomas that we could just go and ride. Looks like all that work was well worth it!

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! We've been to Thomas 3 times with the boys and it is always so fun! I love watching their faces when they see the big Thomas! Glad Nate had a great time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great day! I'm glad the weather cooperated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun event. I have always wanted to do that when it is at Greenfield Village in Michigan....but I always had girls, now that Stunt man is older, I may have to take him this year. That would be a fun date.
    Great pictures...you still don't look pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the boys were in hog heaven! Love their little conductor hats too. How's it feel with two kiddo's at one time? Madness huh? You can do it.. Just take backup (Daddy) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added a link to this post from the latest edition of Small Town Snapshot Sunday. Come join us next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??