Monday, June 21, 2010

Handmade Birthday Fun!

Last week was the week of birthdays.  Natey was first and then 3 of his little buddies also turned 3 in the same week! The first party was for Luca. Her mom and I met in prenatal yoga when we were pregnant with our now 3 year olds. When you have 3 birthdays to go to in 3 days it's hard to come up with gift ideas that are fun, unique and won't break the bank. If I have the time and inspiration, I love to make handmade gifts for people. I saw a tutorial for these awesome beanbag numbers and thought I'd give them a whirl. I wanted to involve Natey so I let him pick the fabrics!


Aren't they fun? I'm going to make some for Nate now because he liked them so much!

Luca's family is into music. Both of her parents play instruments and she is learning the guitar. So what is more appropriate than showing that girls rock!

I hope she liked the gifts as much as I enjoyed making them! Stay tuned for the other handmade goodies I came up with for the boy's birthday gifts!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure Luca adored them, they were hand made with love, after all!

    You are so talented. I am in awe of your creativity. A little hero worship...umm...yes, you don't mind do you??

    BlogBaby's BabyMama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...too funny!! I made a guitar t-shirt for the bday girl who also got the tutu from us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gifts are awesome and unique...how fun. I would have loved those for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are so cute! And Natey did a great job choosing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those numbers are so awesome! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've said it before, but I truly wish I had an ounce of your creativity! I love those little bean bag numbers - so cute :) Next up, challenge yourself with the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and my "real life" friend Christy are just way too crafty! I'm sure I'll be ordering some baby boy stuff soon :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??