Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Project 10! Real Women, Real Fitness


As you all know, in my quest to get fit, I have been running. You'd think after running a half marathon, I'd be in better shape than I am. No really, I seriously thought I would be in better shape than this! We trained for 12 weeks and, while my cardiovascular endurance is great now, I am still squishy in all the wrong places. I have come to the conclusion that running just isn't enough. In order to get fit and healthy I need to do more. I need to add strength training and more varied cross training into my workout plan.

I am a member of a local blogging group and one of our members, Stephanie of Stephanie's Mommy Brain, came up with the concept of Project 10. It is 10 weeks of support and motivation in the form of  other women in the same boat, all working toward better health and fitness! We each have different plans to get to our fitness goal, but we are all in it together.

I won't be posting the before pictures I took until the end when my after pictures can over-shadow the yuck with their awesomeness (I have lofty goals here people). I will, however, post my stats. I took measurements and will be taking them at 2 week intervals. All measurements are in inches and are not making me happy. At. All. So here it is. All out on the table. I will be journaling my progress weekly. Any struggles and setbacks will be included so feel free to offer up support to keep me going!

There are many lovely ladies joining me in this quest so drop by their blogs and see how we are all progressing!



Stephanie at Stephanie's Mommy Brain
Sarah at Sweet Lil You
Liz at Learning to Juggle
Sarah at Soxy's Diamond
Megan at A Baby Makes Four
Kristin at Mama Luvs Books
Candace at The New Modern Momma
Melissa at Filling Our Bucket
Jodi at Blush Mamas
Carla at All of Me Now

Another awesome member of our group is a personal trainer and will be helping us along! A big thanks in advance to Samantha at Running and Cupcakes for her guidance as we get fit!

9 comments:

  1. woohoo!! I need to start doing some strength training too. The 2 times I did strength "hardcore" I lost well and quickly. So I know what works, I just have to do it!! Excited to have all this support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squishy in all the wrong places. Yep. That sums it up nicely! I can't wait to see the awesomeness of your after pictures!!

    Stephanie Kay
    Stephanie's Mommy Brain

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool idea - you can so do this!!! Thanks for letting us ride along... I'm trying to ramp up my fitness routine, too.

    Unfortunately, running has just been taken off of the table due to an injury.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm with you on the before photo for the same reason! We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS, I've heard it's 80% of what you eat and 20% fitness to get real results....maybe you hit a plateau you can plow through with super clean eating?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! It's great to have all this support :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you have great support! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Hey, I am a prime example of how you can run alot and still be squishy. And chafe...and more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We can do it!!! woohoo, I believe in all of us :) It's such a challenge but I think that doing it as a group is an awesome motivator!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??