Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Natey Update

We went to the pediatrician yesterday and got Nathan's 15 month stats...drum roll please..... He weighs in at 25 pounds 6 ounces and is 33 inches tall. For weight he is in the 50th percentile which is about where he's been every time. The height though is another story. The kid is in the 90th percentile for height, still!!! Geeze! I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Aaron and I aren't all that tall. Maybe my mom's side of the family genes are in effect! Hopefully the kid stays tall, but it is making his clothes fit kinda funny. The sleeves of things are sometimes too short and the pants are big in the waist if they fit him in length.


Anyway, let me just say though I got irate at the nurse practitioner that was doing his check up. She asked me all of the standard developmental questions which I answered with an A-OK on all points. Then she asked me about his language skills. I told her he had ~40 words in his arsenal and she gave me a disbelieving look and said, rather snottily, give me an example of some of his words. I started rattling off a few, but then I got madder as I saw the look on her face. I felt like screaming, "I'm not making this up, stop looking at me like that!!!", but then I realized I don't have to prove anything to this lady. Any of you who are around Nathan for any period of time know what this little guy is capable of. He shocks me with new words every day and I don't care if they say the average for his age is about 5 words. Anyway, I am getting worked up just thinking about it. The bottom line is Nathan is moving along at HIS pace (fast forward) whether the NP believes it or not!


On a lighter note, at the request of the 2 people that actually read my blog, I have changed the background so that it is easier to read. Hopefully your headaches will stop now, Ryan. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, I liked your blog background!! But the new one is cute too. : )

    That's crazy she wouldn't believe you! What do you have to do - videotape him for proof?? She should be amazed by your little genius! I was looking at Natey's stats on his babysite and comparing them to Aidan's. They're almost the same! I'm sure Aidan will be tall because of Daddy, but where is Natey getting it?? But look at Hans' parents... both short little Dutch people with 4 giant boys. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kameron! I can't believe you found my blog. Providence is a small town isn't it!
    I do remember you from yoga and your son is a cutie pie! Looks like you guys are doing great and he is growing fast. Luca is about 2 weeks younger I think, we go for her 15 month check up next week. Time flies huh? Number 2 is due in January and the two will be 19 months apart. We'll be busy, ha ha.
    Anyway, thanks for getting in touch. I'll be checking in on your blog now :). Do you live on the east side? Maybe we'll see you at the playground some weekend.
    -Jeanette

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??