Monday, March 23, 2009

Not Me! Monday



I'm sick and tired of it all! No really, I am sick...and tired. I managed to get caught by that darned cold that was chasing me last week. I don't know why people say they catch a cold. I really feel like it's the other way around. Well, you'd think being laid up with a cold would prevent you from doing stupid stuff, but not this girl. Nope, not me!! I still managed to have my share of oops and uh ohs and I'd like to get them off my chest....as opposed to out of my chest, which is where I'd like this cold to go!! Head on over and visit MckMama for more not me Monday action and while you're there say a prayer for Stellan who is back in the hospital with heart problems.
****************************************************************************
I have not already started writing a list for our trip to California. Seriously, it should not be this much of a production to be gone for 9 days. This list is not primarily dominated by my not yet 2 year old, and does not include items such as kiddie leash, hulk, and toilet seat.

I did not teach my son how to sing, "Shake, shake, shake. Shake, shake, shake. Shake your bootie", because it made me laugh watching him run in circles wiggling his bottom all around. It did not come back to haunt me in Target when he started yelling "shake your bootie" over and over again to the chagrin of a disapproving elderly lady.

I did not manage to finish 4 shirts, even though I felt like I was going to die. I am not so behind in my projects with a half done purse, 3 presents for people, and 2 more shirts that I need to finish by Thursday so I can get them sent out by Friday before we leave on our vacation! Nope, not me!! I always work through illness and laugh in the face of death to sew! I didn't make one of my favorite item thus far for Heather. It almost didn't happen either because of a misunderstanding on fabric!

What did you "not" do this week??

7 comments:

  1. OMG I taught my boys to do Shake your bootie too! I love it, but you are right sometimes it does come back to haunt you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Funny how elderly don't find the same things funny! I LOVE your creative, crafting! The onsie is beautiful!

    Hope the cold leaves you soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful onesie! I can see why it is one of your favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story about the song! My son is currently cracking me up by singing the McDonald's filet-o-fish jingle, but instead of singing "gimme back that filet-o-fish" he sings,"gimme back that potato fish..." It slays me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you are getting the cold out of the way now before your trip! That onesie you made for Heather has to be my absolute favorite. I love the design. Remember that one for me, because within the next month I will be placing an order for a baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little onesie is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh honey, you have been such a sick little busy body. I can so see Nathan running around all cute and stuff singing shake your booty! LOL!!

    LOVE Heather's gift! SOOOOOOO Cute. I just LOVE your work.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??