Sunday, March 1, 2009

Woman Overboard!!

Sometimes it just happens. You go a store to get something specific and end up with a lot of non-specific, just for fun things. I have really been getting into my crafting lately and had a request for 3 coordinating shirts. I needed to get 3 different fabrics. What I got instead was 17. That's close to 3, right? I couldn't help myself. I'm like one of those creatures attracted to bright, shiny things. If I were a fly, you'd best bet I'd be the first one to kamikaze into that zapper thing. Can you blame me though???







We have been doing so well with cutting back on the spending. I have not really bought anything for myself in over a month. We haven't been going out to dinner, have had one date night (since Jan!!!) all in the name of frugality. Well, after I found out about my bonus, I let the reigns slip on the spending. It was only for one day, but it didn't stop with the fabric (see my last post for more on that)!
Oh, well. Does anyone have a life raft 'cause this woman went a little overboard.

14 comments:

  1. love the fabrics! i get a little crazy in the fabric store. i have this big box in the attic that has all the ones that i just couldn't live without!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I am lovin this fabric! I definitely need to order another gift. I will have to shoot you an e-mail tonight or tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that fabric is scrumptious! You were totally justified...how could you have walked away from all those gorgeous prints? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo...make me a purse!!! I want one bad! I love it!! I am a fabric adict too!!! Don't do anything with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all! I've always loved fabrics (and scrapbooking papers that look like fabric). Inspiring!

    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE them ALL! You have such great taste. I would love to see what you do with them as you finish. Thanks again for all your hard work on my kids shirts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE them ALL! You have such great taste. I would love to see what you do with them as you finish. Thanks again for all your hard work on my kids shirts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what amazing prints, how could you turn those down? I love all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I love those stripes and polka dots...my fav. Very good choices. I can't wait to see what you make with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are great! I love them all.. I would have a hard time choosing a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE those fabrics! Where'd you get them all?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope, definitely can't blame you. Those fabrics are irresistible! I am head over heels for the apple print. I want to come shop where you did and get some of those for a quilt! Can't wait to see the finished products you come up with using these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh they're so pretty!!

    If you find that life raft, swing around and come get me because I went COMPLETELY overboard this weekend, too. Like...beyond overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same way about paper! Going into a paper store is bound to be a budget buster! Beautiful stuff though, can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??