Thursday, November 4, 2010

Random Ramblings

The only time Thursday is better than Friday, is when it IS your Friday! Yay for 3 day weekends! I am actually stoked to be taking a whole vacation day just to myself tomorrow. I get to go to Boston and hang with one of my best friends and couldn't be more excited. I get to get a pedicure and go shopping in Boston with someone wayyyy more fashionable than me to help me find some clothes. She is really like my own little Stacy London! To top it off I get to have a grown up dinner, in a restaurant that doesn't serve chicken nuggets, go out on the town and stay the night before returning to my crazy home. Ahh, can you say sleeping in?? Yes! {Insert Happy Dance} But that's not all...wait for it...wait for it...Saturday night I get to go see Dane Cook! This weekend is shaping up just fabulously! I'm hoping the crappy rain lets up, because I just got my hair done and well, come on!!! For all of you wondering, I chickened out and didn't cut my hair off or even get bangs. I just cut about 4 inches and did some layers. I am no fun at all. Seriously. I need to stop worrying about what everyone else {cough, hubby, cough} wants me to do with my hair and just do what I want. It grows back right?? If you can't cut it or dye it, why have it? I have been working out again consistently for 3 weeks now. It feels so much better and I have a lot more energy. I am doing the c25K (couch to 5K) program. While I wasn't exactly at couch level to start with, it is helping me build my endurance running so I don't get discouraged. I have also been doing Zumba for the last 4 weeks and I love it! It is so much fun! I still have this far fetched goal of getting back into one certain pair of pants. I need to get back into those pants. I will get back into those pants. So let it be written, so let it be done. :o)

Here's the new hair. i still think i should have chopped it to where that first chunky layer is. Grrr....

15 comments:

  1. OMG! I dont know why you are constantly obsessing about your hair?!? It always looks great..for real! Working out regularly is great too! It really does make a difference in how you feel, right? I have been on that same tip for over 2 months and I feel great too! Keep it up and good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on your girls night out. Enjoy some fun stuff for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like the new cut! Fabulous! And woohoo for a girls night - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool to have a girls night! Yay! Oh, and the hair looks great, and I know what you mean about worrying about it! It grows back, right? Unless it is mine, and takes about 6 years to grow an inch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And I think it would be SO cute where that first chunk is!

    I loved my bangs but growing them out seriously stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kam, who are you kidding?! You could do the shave-a-la-Britney and still be a hottie! I know what you mean though about the pressure not to cut the precious hair (heck, even I told you not to cut it!) but truth be told, I am DYING to cut my hair back off to pixie cut (think Carey Mulligan in "An Education") but don't have the guts to do it again either. Maybe we both need some "Hair-apy"?

    I be crazy jealous of this friend of yours, she sounds rather awesome AND get's to spend an AMAZING day with YOU. Pardon me while I pity myself....

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time in Boston! It sounds like lots of fun. And your hair looks great!!! I think next time you just go and cut it off. It's always been my philosophy that "It's just hair, it will grow back". And my hair has been blonde, brown, red, super blonde, really dark, red with bleach blonde highlights, etc. It all can be changed :) Oh, and I so need to get into an excersise regime again. Thinking I might set the goal of another half marathon for the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the haircut! You are gorgeous! Yes you should have chopped it off if you wanted to! Next time go for it! I do love it just the way it is!

    Have a great time in Boston!

    I am so JEALOUS that you are going to see Dane Cook! I LOVE LOVE LOVE him! I saw him here a few years back and my sides hurt the next day from laughing so much!

    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I've been following you on twitter for a while.... finally, visited your blog. First... if you want to cut your hair, go for it. My hubs loves my hair long and hates when I cut it. I jokingly tell him that my hair is ALL mine! :) Hope you have a wonderful girls' night!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hoping your Girl's Day was absolutely awesome! And I think your hair looks tres chic, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope yesterday was wonderful and that you slept WAY late this morning. Even when given the opportunity I find I can't these days.

    And you lady look hawt!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your weekend sounds like so much fun! And your hair looks great - though I haven't seen it looking anything other than great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your hair looks really pretty!
    I hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, your hair is gorgeous!!! As are you...

    And good for you on the running and Zumba. That's exactly what I've been doing lately. Although less Zumba lately since I've been training for a 10K this weekend.

    Anyway... Hope you had a fun weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??