Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

I love them "To Infinity and Beyond"! Nate chose Toy Story as the theme for this Halloween and, since the baby is too young to have an opinion, they were a super cute matching pair as Buzz Lightyear and one of the little aliens!



Nate's costume was perfect as is. Unfortunately, Arielle's costume was ridiculous! It was supposed to be a 12-18 month size and, I know I have a little chubster on my hands, but she was quite literally busting out of the costume. Then there was the head piece that could fit an adult! I had to perform emergency surgery on it to make it somewhat fit! I took over an inch out of the back to make it smaller, folded the part above the eyes up so she could see and had to take an inch and a half out of the neck part where the velcro was. I don't think they even tried this costume on a real child before they mass produced it! Luckily I have mad sewing skillz (wouldn't have the same effect with an s, besides, I'm cool like that) or we may have had to scrap it all together.
I cut a rocket shape out of a silver Nordstrom box (Thanks again honey for my awesome new winter coat!) and stuck it on the stroller. Too bad it was so freezing out that She only made it a block before I decided it was too cold for her. The hubbs took her back to our friend's house and hung out while the rest of us continued on with the trick or treating!


Nate loves going with his cousin! Last year they went as Batman and Batgirl and it was too cute! The most difficult part of the evening was hearing my self yelling, "NO RUNNING!!!!!" eleventy billion times. Man this kid must be deaf or just have selective listening when it comes to my voice. He fell down one set of steps and two other times because he was rushing around. Luckily no major injuries happened and he made it back in one piece.
I will leave you with one last photo from a birthday party we went to on Saturday. We borrowed this costume for the baby and Nate wore a transformer one we bought for dress up last year because I didn't want Nate to ruin his white Buzz Lightyear one with cake and God knows what else. Oh I die she looked so stinkin cute!
Happy Halloween!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I had to laugh at the alien costume. Poor baby girl! I loved the idea of the rocket on the stroller! Nate looks like he took his role of Buzz very seriously! Ha! Love it!

    Thanks so much for your encouraging comment the other day. You hit the nail right on the head with "I feel like he'll break me before I break him." That is exactly how I feel with Olivia! Thank you so much for your always encouraging comments! I don't know what I would do without you!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both looked so cute!!! I wish mine would match, but there's no way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arielle must have been the "good witch", not a bad bone in that perfect little girls body. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEST COSTUMES I've seen on all blogs! :) They are sooooo cute in the Toy Stoy characters! Love it!

    The good witch picture just needs to be framed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I love both of Arielle's costumes! She isn't a chubster, she is a healthy baby! Did they NOT plan that she would have to wear layers under it!? I guess it was cute while it lasted, huh? Great idea to make her stroller into a rocket. I guess I need to go to Nordstrom's here soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! They are adorable! I love the costumes we put the little ones in because they can't argue yet! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh the alien is too cute! As is Buzz, of course!

    And love the witch too... Glad you all had a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Arielle's birthday party outfit! She is so beautiful, those blue eyes piercing the sky. Both Nathan and Arielle looked fantastic for Halloween, too. Isn't it fun, Halloween, when you've got babes to enjoy it with? Made Halloween a much more exciting holiday for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks :)
    --
    http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ приобрести кино
    для сайта scampolifamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Homeopathic medicine is mostly a organic kind of healing!
    [url=http://www.homeopathicdoctors.org/]homeopathic doctor[/url]

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??