Thursday, June 23, 2011

Arielle at 19 months

My sweet, beautiful, funny and LOUD girl; oh how I love you. You are growing up before my very eyes!!

Speaking of eyes, you have the most sparkly blue eyes. I could get lost in them when I look at you. It amazes me just how much you look like your grandma. I wish she would have had the chance to meet you.

You are getting crazier by the day. You are loud and run around upending anything you can get your hands on. I am about to move the desk downstairs until you are old enough to stop opening the drawers and pulling EVERYTHING out!

Potty training is going well. I am still not sure if we should move to undies during the day or not. 9 times out of 10 you will tell me when you have to "poopy" (which still means either number 1 or 2), but there is that 1 time you won't and I don't have it in me to clean it up yet. I suppose I shouldn't worry considering you aren't even 2 yet!


You are getting so much hair now! It is nice to be able to put little piggy tails in your curls. Too bad you yank them out almost as fast as I can get them in.

Your sleeping is not as good as it used to be. You have been either waking up in the middle of the night and demanding, "song" or waking up at 5am. If I bring you in bed with us you will go right back to sleep but you need me to be practically spooning you! Please go back to normal soon. Mommy thought we were done with the newborn phase.

You are so stubborn. Did I mention that you are stubborn?? MAN ARE YOU STUBBORN! Once you get something in your mind, you dig your heels in and will scream, screech or cry until you have it. We are in deep doo doo come the teenage years.

You had your first real experience at the beach this year. When I took you near the water you protested and then proceed to shriek when I put your feet in the water. The second time we managed to get you in up to your knees. I'm sure it will grow on you, but I doubt you'll be charging head first into waves, like your brother does, any time soon!

You are learning words at lightning speed and have started using 2 to 3 word sentences. Your favorite one right now is, "Trina, she seepin". When you see the cat curled up all around the house.

You are a climber. I can't turn my back on you for a second. If i do, you will be standing ON the kitchen table. You have quite an assortment of bumps and bruises from all of your climbing escapades already.


Until next month baby girl!

7 comments:

  1. I love her outfit at the beach!! I can't believe she is so quickly approaching 2!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You almost described my youngest to a T! ..... except he's a boy. My oldest was the easiest, most even tempered baby/toddler and now little boy. There are days when I'm like "where the heck to this little one come from?!"

    As for the bed/tent..... no clue what you should do! Good luck with that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful!!! Her and Olivia would be two peas in a pod! Except that Olivia loved the waves this year at the beach! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous girl. and those eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, have you started thinking about a plan of how you will lock her up before her teenage years?!? She's beautiful! And the boys are sure to be knocking on her door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's just adorable. I love her hair, so sweet. And I hear you on the stubborn. Mine can be that way too. 2 is JUST around the corner... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 19 months, Arielle!
    She is a adorable, and I love those curls!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??