Sunday, February 26, 2012

Menu Planning Sunday

I'm feeling good about the meal planning lately! The last 2 weeks have been an overall success as far as family satisfaction goes. This is huge. Even my husband has been liking the new meals. Let's hope that this week is equally successful.
Sunday: Sloppy Joes with roasted cauliflower (delicious) and cucumber salad
Monday: Chicken tortellini soup with mushrooms and spinach
Tuesday: Shrimp Stir fry over soba noodles
Wednesday: Baby back ribs with coleslaw and baked beans
Thursday: Crock pot Indian butter chicken (Thanks Amber for the idea!)
Friday: Pizza night
Saturday: Dinner with the in-laws

Notes on last week's dinners:
  • The mini corn dogs were delicious. I love corn dogs and hadn't had one in forever and these hit the spot. Nate doesn't like hot dogs (weirdo), so he wasn't a huge fan.
  • Turkey burgers and zucchini fries were great. The kids didn't like the zucchini fries (surprise, surprise). I think next time I make them I will add a little more spice to the coating like some cayenne and some more garlic powder.
  • The stuffed shells were a hit all around! They have spinach inside and are not covered in cheese so they are a bit better for you than the ones I usually make. I made my own marinara for them instead of the turkey meat sauce in the recipe. My son asked for seconds.
  • The chicken taquitos were also awesome. I am not just saying this. I followed the directions, but to make them not spicy for the kids, I put 1/3 of the cream cheese in another bowl and used only a tbs of the green chile sauce and substituted the pepper jack cheese with shredded Mexican cheese for their taquitos. I made ours the normal way. They weren't all that spicy, but were good.
  • The broiled chicken was a little boring. It is funny how grilling makes things taste so much better. I didn't end up making the orzo salad because I ran out of lemon and time, so I subbed with a box of pearled cous cous instead and just broiled the asparagus. 

3 comments:

  1. Your menu is looking yummy!!

    Roasted cauliflower sounds awesome and I never would have thought of that - especially to serve it with sloppy joe's - genius!

    I'm glad you're trying the indian chicken - can't wait to hear your review. We really loved it.

    Oh, by the way, your link to me is taking me to your cauliflower post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome!! I've been meal planning for about a month now and I seriously love it. Makes like so easy!! I'm going to check out all your posts to get some more ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??