Friday, April 10, 2009

101 Update-long overdue!

I stink at updating my list!! I have actually not been slacking on checking items off the list, just reporting them out when I do. I'd prefer to do a post per goal, but since I have been lagging and haven't updated since {cough} January, I will sum it all up in one post!
*******************************************************************************
#28: Read 50 books- I read my 5th book on my way to my goal of 50. I actually polished it off in 2 flights when I went to California on business at the beginning of March. I read Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. It was a great book, just like every other one I have read by her. In case you were wondering, {you know it has been burning in the back of your mind} I ditched that 700 and something page book that I got half way through (The Fountainhead). I did not like the book and was basically forcing myself to read it, so I decided it was ok just to put it down and walk away.
******************************************************************************
#43- Teach Nathan all the countries of the world and their capitals- (1/193) Nathan learned the capital of America. Hey you have to start at home, right? He cracks me up when I ask him because the Washington part is a little slurred but he belts out the D.C. with authority!
******************************************************************************

#50: Try 10 new restaurants- (7/10) When I first came up with this goal I thought it would apply to RI, but I went to 2 new places in San Francisco that were amazing so I am counting them in my list.

The first one was Anchor Oyster Bar in the Castro district. It is a tiny restaurant that seats 25 people (including the bar) and it had some of the best seafood I've had in a while. I went to lunch with my grandma, uncle and his girlfriend and we all loved our food. I shared with my grandma and we had prawn cocktail, a Caesar salad with the most delicious croutons and sole with a sun dried tomato aioli. Mmmm, I'm salivating just thinking about it.

The second one was Frantoio. It was the restaurant where my BIL's wedding reception took place. We started out with passed appetizers of scallops speared with lemongrass and polenta, cheese and spinach bites and mushroom crostini. The best part of the meal, though, was the pasta course. It was squid ink ravioli (sounded gross to me at first but it was to die for) stuffed with with day boat scallops with a white whine cream sauce. It was so good my hubby asked for another plate (piggy)!

*******************************************************************************
#79: Watch the sun rise 10 times- (2/10) The first one was also out west when we were in Washington, but this time I got to watch the sun rise over the mountains as we left at the crack of dawn for the airport to go home. You'd think being on the East coast, I'd easily polish this goal off, but since I am generally at my house, I can't see the sun til it is already up. I'll have to hit the beach early in the morning to catch the sun rising over the ocean.
********************************************************************************
#86: Sing at a Karaoke bar- Yup, I did it and I did it SOBER. What? Who the heck does karaoke sober? Me, unfortunately. I'm sure I sounded like a dying cat, but I couldn't really hear myself. We went out to a Karaoke Bar called Mint for my now SIL's bachelorette party. It was the very end of the night when I got called so luckily the place wasn't packed to the gills with the ringers that sang earlier in the night!! In case you are wondering I sang Fiona Apple's song Criminal, and my rendition just might have been.

7 comments:

  1. Love the karaoke picture! You've got more guts than me :) I'm like you though, not so good at updating on my list, but still trying to chug away at marking things off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...I really need to update my 101 list...although progress has stalled a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you even got a picture of the karoke and the sunrising. YOu are good...gotta have proof! I am impressed. I guess I better get cracking on teaching stunt Man the capitals:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love that you went and did Karaoke! Way to go! Any video?
    Great job on the list, I wish I had done one as well.
    P.S. Thanks for the kind words on my blog, and for telling me how to fix my button! It was driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well OK!!! Now, I think that you have been cranking on your list...hello....I have not even started a list so, you are 101 ahead of me!!! Love the karaoke bit...I do it SOBER all the time!!! All the drunkos think you sound awesome!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking of lagging, how is it that I haven't been by your site to read all about your adventures in California? Ack! I have so much catching up to do. I will remedy this immediately.

    Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter. Enjoy your day and eat plenty of chocolate. :)

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was all ready to say I'd never done karaoke when this rogue memory from some chicks wedding came busting through. I'm quite certain I sang karaoke there..but..uh..there was an open bar, too, so who knows.

    I'm nealy done with Change of Heart. I love Jodi Picoult.

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??