Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Snapshots of a weekend

Here is some random happenings from my weekend:

Friday evening I made homemade marinara, pasta and garlic bread. Everything got cleared off of the table except for the basket of leftover bread. I filled the bath and called Natey to come hop in. I hear the pitter patter of his feet and then I hear nothing. Those of you who know my kid, know that hearing nothing usually means trouble. I walk back into the kitchen and peer into the breezeway to discover this. Natey had climbed onto the table and was chowing down on the garlic bread. Note to self...the climbing has begun.

Saturday was gorgeous out, so we ran some errands, went to lunch and then took Natey to Big Truck Day over at the YMCA. They had all kinds of trucks and the kids got to climb in them and honk the horns, much to the dismay of some of the other kids who were cowering and covering their ears. Natey got to explore a fire truck, a dump truck, a school bus (I know, not exactly a truck) , a tow truck and an 18 wheeler. He was geeking out getting to sit in the seat and push all of the buttons. (Excuse this pic. It was taken on my cell since my camera was dead.)
Sunday I participated in the annual MS Walk. For those of you who don't know, I lost my mom in 2001 and she lived with MS for 15 years. We used to do the walk every year (that mom felt up to it) when I was younger so I started participating again when I moved to RI. I've done it 3 out of the last 4 years. The only year I didn't participate in was when I was 7 months preggers with Nate because Aaron thought 6.2 miles would be too much. Ridiculous for someone who was already doing 4 miles on the elliptical every morning, but he rarely puts his foot down about anything, so I gave in. :o) The walk is in Narragansett, right along the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.

I walk on a team organized by my friend at work, whose father also has MS. Yes it was a bit windy, as you can see from my crazy hair! Thanks to everyone who supported me in my walk this year. I raised $600.00 which is double what I raised last year. I plan to start a little earlier next time and raise $1,000.00 for the next one.

I leave you with a conversation I had with a very antsy Natey in the car:
Natey: No,no, no, no, mommy, no.
Me: No what buddy?
Natey: NO NO NO!! (as he thrashes side to side in his car seat wanting to get out)
Me: Why no, Natey?
Natey: Because, nooooo!

14 comments:

  1. A truck day would be so fun! My Joshua would love it! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the walk! What an amazing view to walk too.
    Don't you love conversations with toddlers? They are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's great that you raised$600 for the ms walk. I have a friend with MS and used to participate in the walk in SC, maybe next year I'll do the RI one, it looks beautiful.
    I've been there with the whole climbing bit. Now we're at the point where nothing in the house is safe unless it's locked with a padlock, or hidden behind the rice cakes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed that you made all that for dinner! I would have made it all from the jar!
    What a fantastic thing that you are doing with the walk for MS and raising money. I'm sure your mom is smiling down and is so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way 2 honor your mother.

    You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! Congrats on the money raised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i feel the same way sometimes, too...i just want to thrash and scream no...and have someone figure out why...and fix it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome that you walk in honor of you mom.
    Love the conversation with Natey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love raising money for wonderful chairty programs that hit close to home. What a great thing to do and that's awesome on how much $ you guys raised.

    The car conversation was hilarious! I think once we get this whole thing figured out they then create another level of confusion for us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I feel so LAME - I totally meant to support you in the walk, but then I forgot. Well, there's always next year. I was going to do a walk for the March of Dimes this Saturday, but never got my act together. Ugh!

    Oh man, the climbing... hilarious! You're quick with your camera too! And I've said this before, but I can't wait to recap conversations. Kids are so dang funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great weekend. Watch out for that little climber!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for walking to raise money for MS- I was diagnosed in January 2008 and our walk is this coming Sunday.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the walk and the money you raised. That's fabulous.

    Oh, and the picture of Natey on the table cracks me up. Do you feed the boy?

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??