Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random Ramblings

Tis Thursday and, as slow as each individual day this week has trickled by, the week itself seems to be flying. How is that even possible?? Who knows, but it's true...for me at least. It seems like a good day to ramble on a bit so here's all of the tidbits from my week that aren't awesome enough to warrant their own individual posts!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why exactly, at 25 months old, has my uber independent boy decided to start the separation anxiety kick? Is it because I was absent for 2 weekends in a row? Is it just that he is late getting to his clingy, tree monkey (me being the tree) phase? He whimpers mommy when I put him down at night, has woken up the last 3 nights in a row crying for mommy (several times every night) and velcros himself to my legs when I drop him off at daycare now. I am coming back, my child. I promise. No really, I PROMISE! Please get over this phase soon. Mommy is pregnant and already has a tiny person interrupting her sleep. Don't add insult to injury!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Potty training is going pretty well. He has had 3 days in a row where he hasn't had an accident in his bug boy undies. Although, last night, he did tell me he went poop in the little potty only for me to investigate and discover he had pooped facing the potty like he was going pee. Ya gotta turn around for it to be "in" the potty, just so ya know bud.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm tracking pretty well with the pregnancy weight gain. I scared myself for a minute since, over my vacation week, I gained 4 pounds in one week. It has evened out since I haven't gained anything in the previous 2 weeks. I just have to concentrate on self control now because last time I had a 9 pound month between 6 and 7 months. I'm not down for repeating that fun jump! So far I have gained 13.5 pounds at 24 weeks. I think that's ok so far. I just have to resist all of the sweet temptation (read: ice cream and frozen lemonade) summer has to offer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I really want a pedicure right now. My feet are atrocious. Maybe I'll go on my lunch break today and fix that problem. Yes, it is decided!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Only 5 more days until my friend Joelle and I go to the Jason Mraz concert. I'm so excited! I will be able to cross another goal off of my sorely neglected 101 in 1001 list. I also like that my 2 pregnancies have had fun things in common. Both of my babes will have gone to a Red Sox game, a concert, and on a plane all while in utero. If they only knew how exciting their life was even before they arrived!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why is it when you have an idea for exactly something you want, you can NEVER find it?? I am trying to start Natey's big boy room. I had a quilt purchased already and Aaron vetoed it. Why does he even care?? Why can't he be like most men and not be remotely interested in my decorating plans? Anyway I changed my direction and now want a quilt that is blue, orange and lime green. I found the perfect one and of course it is not available any more and I can't find it anywhere, or anything that resembles it (that isn't from rip-off Pottery Barn kids for like 300 bucks. Yeah right!). If you have any ideas please share them with me. I am at a loss.

11 comments:

  1. The pictures of your belly make me SO happy.

    Sorry -- huge distraction for me. Onto your post...

    Huge congratulations to you on the potty training! Major accomplishment. Oh, and pedicures are a must when pregnant. Required to have pretty toes while you can still see them. :)

    -Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! I would love to be going to the Jason Mraz concert. I've been loving his music for the past 6 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week is flying by! I hope they continue to fly by since I'm almost to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go get a pedicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too cute pregnant! Moving on. You are doing fabulous with the weight. When I was on vacation? Try 7.5 lbs. To add insult, Asher did not grow AT ALL during that time. I measured THE SAME as my appointment the month before. It was hard to pass that off on him, but I gave it my best shot!
    I love that quilt! I hope you find something close!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jason Mraz-hope you have a great time!
    Great job on the potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason Mraz....how fun!! Enjoy the show...and the Mommy time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get those feet in for a pedicure. It is a must & then go again right before delivery. You deserve it. I love the ideas for Nate's bedroom. Love those colors. I would say Target, or Bed Bath and Beyond...but you have probably already tried there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, I love that quilt...I hope you can find it. How you tried googling the manufacturer in hopes of coming across one in stock?
    And I think every pregnant women (ok, and un-pregnant woman too!) should treat themselves to a pedi at least every two weeks!
    Congrats on your potty training success...we just finished failing at that!
    You're little guy is adorable! I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pooping on the floor facing the toilet cracked me up! T has been dry each morning when she wakes and after each nap, except for today, which I think is because I put her down for a nap 2 hrs later than normal!

    And oh, my poor 101 list has been neglected for months - I suck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pregnancy + Manicured toes = Mandatory! Hell, we can't reach them so mine as well pay someone to do it for us and look fabulous all at the same time. :)

    By now you have probably already went to the concert and I can't wait to hear all about it. I think Jason is such a cutie and I love his style of music.

    Congrats on the potty training although I did crack up about the poo incident. Ahh the joys. :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??