Thursday, July 23, 2009

Weekend Update on Thursday-Balloon Festival


Last weekend was the much anticipated debut ( I am not counting that whack excuse of a "craft show") of mine and Liz's awesome creations at a festival! We teamed up to tackle the Wakefield Hot Air Balloon Festival as vendors. It was far less daunting to go in a a duo and it was nice to draw people into the booth for one item and have them love the other as well! The first evening we quickly realized that some changes needed to be made to our set-up and we corrected them for Saturday. The booth looked so much more appealing the second day. Not to mention we befriended the vendor behind us and, with a little sweet talkin', managed to get our booth moved into a more desirable location.

Here is pregnant me chillin' in our booth Saturday morning, and by chillin' I mean sweating my tuckus off in 100% humidity and 80-some-odd degree heat....at 10 am! Saturday was rough, temperature wise, but we made even more modifications for Sunday which included a tarp across the back of the booth for some shade! It made all the difference on Sunday!

Here is some of the stuff laid out flat before we got wise and hung it up for display.
One of the onesies hung up on Sat is my favorite, which reminds me, if it is still in my arsenal I may have to keep it for baby girl because i love it so much!
All in all, it was such a wonderful experience. Teaming up meant we had someone to talk to, bounce ideas off of and take a bit of the pressure of filling up an entire booth with stuff off! We both brought our sewing machines with us so we could get some stuff done while we sat. I managed to finish a bunch of onesies on Saturday before I had to leave for a wedding (that is a completely different post of amusing antics I will try to get up this week!) and Sunday I sewed a dress someone had ordered the day before to be picked up and one for Alicia's sweetie Brea! We handed out a lot of cards and I already have 3 orders from the contacts I made at the festival and one from being logged in to my other blog (www.punchkinwear.blogspot.com) while I was voting for Tem Tem(You go vote too! She's #5 in the kids category)! Liz and I will definitely be teaming up again for some more festivals and the Providence Open Market in September and October. If all goes well, I will have my fancy new camera before baby girl arrives. Yes!!

10 comments:

  1. Yay us!!! Now I just need to get everything online so I can get some orders too. OUr office reorg ended up being A LOT bigger than we thought and its taking me forever to get everything posted...I am thinking I'll set up a blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job and congrats to you two on gettin' 'er done!

    Forget what I said about our tag team Friday Freebie, let's just do it like we planned and I will fit it in. I mean, if you're still up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went well. Your stuff is awesome and I love Liz's creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looked so cute and organized! I'm glad you had a good turnout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls made the PERFECT team because your both incredibly talented in your own way. I was so happy to see my package in the mail today when I got home and as soon as I told Brea she had a suprise from you she SCREAMED with delight. She ripped her clothes and wanted to try it on right then. I let her of course because I just knew how cute it would be on and sure enough it was. LOVE IT! I'll take plenty of pics of her wearing it at the beach and be sure to post about it. I'll even threaten people to buy a few, lol. I wish you the best of luck with your sales and fingers crossed that you get that new camera you totally deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so stinkin' talented. I am going to have order something for my new neice's upcoming baby shower! Now, what to order...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the set-up, and love that onsie (too bad my kids are too old to wear it, lol). You ladies are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tent looked great and all your stuff is so dang cute. I love it all! Congrats on having a successful weekend. Pairing up does seem like the easier way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kameron,
    I love the stuff that I saw on here today! It is all so cute! I stopped over here from Miti's at Pieces of Me. I like your blog and I would love to come back when I have more time to browse around. I love meeting new blogging friends. So, if you are interested I would love for you to come by and meet me and my family. I will be back to check out more of your stuff too.

    It was nice to meet you,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, I'm so happy everything went so well for you guys at the show.....your next show is in Sept/October, in Providence....fall, beautiful colors....I so want to come support you guys!!!

    Oh, and thanks for the shout out for T's votes :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??