Thursday, November 5, 2009

Random Ramblings

I am super happy that it is Thursday. I missed my Rambling last week and felt jumbled all weekend. Oh, wait, that is just due to the fact that my pregnant brain could be mistaken for a bowl of oatmeal right now! Anywho, on with my rambles...
~~~~~~~~~~
I am 38 weeks and 1 day today!!! I suppose that means I could technically pop at any time. I am hoping for the 11th. A week early, but still enough time for me to finish my house projects and not have to go all the way to the end. All I know is, my midwife has informed me, that I am not allowed to go into labor this Saturday or Sunday because she is going to the Patriots game! Ha! I love her!
~~~~~~~~~~
Today I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I work today and tomorrow and then I do not come back here until February 1st!! Can I just say how stoked I am. Notice I did not say I will have no work until then, because we all know newborns are definitely work, but no coming to my job every day! I had a list a mile long that I have been slowly chipping away at all week and I am almost done.
~~~~~~~~~~
I will be making the most of my week off next week! I have a massage on Monday (my birthday present from Joelle), I'm getting my hair cut on Tuesday, I've got a few more classes of prenatal yoga, somewhere in there I will be getting a pedicure and going out to dinner with my friend, oh and I am going to a girls night of cheese and chocolate goodness on Saturday! If you hadn't noticed I am trying to get in all the fun I can before I am confined to the house with an infant for the next God knows how long!!
~~~~~~~~~~
Natey got both of his vaccinations last night. Seasonal and H1N1. I feel a bit relieved that he finally got them. He has to go back for the booster of the H1N1 in a few weeks, but I am just happy he has some initial protection. I am getting so sick of people getting everyone up in arms about the vaccines when they have NO idea what they are talking about! I am a Microbiologist, who happens to work for a pharmaceutical company (not any of the companies that manufacture the vaccine, just so you know I'm not biased by that!!), and it frustrates me to no end when I hear people making unfounded statements about it. The fact of the matter is, children are dying from this flu (H1N1). It is just the beginning of flu season and we already have 74 pediatric deaths due to the flu (all types as of Oct 24th). Here in RI there have been 3 children in the last week that have died from H1N1. I am not going to tell you that you have to go vaccinate your kids because it is not my place to say that, but as a pregnant mother of a 2 year old, I made sure to get the both of us vaccinated as we are in the highest risk categories. My newborn will only have immunity that she gets from my body and I believe that the benefit at this point outweighs the minute risk of getting vaccinated. Granted, I requested preservative free doses for both myself and my son and also requested the injection for Nate rather than the Flumist (nasally administered live, attenuated virus), but given the choice of facing flu season uninoculated vs getting him the Flumist, I would have taken the chance. If you want to talk specifics about the vaccines, feel free to email me. {Steps down from soapbox}
~~~~~~~~~~~
I suppose I should get back to work and wrap up everything I need to get done! I am on cloud 9 today....minus the waking up at 5:45am this morning. Thanks, stinky, rotten daylight savings time and no one letting Natey's internal clock know that he should be sleeping in!!

10 comments:

  1. Yep - I totally hear ya on the kid not "getting" daylight savings!

    And what's the difference between the injection and the Flumist? Sorry - I'm a bit uneducated about those. (Can't get the vaccine myself because of my own health issues).

    Have a great time off - sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOOORAY for the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

    Can I tell you how excited I am for Saturday - I can't wait to get out and have some fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are able to cram in all of your fun stuff before your baby girl makes her appearance! I can't believe you have less than 2 weeks left until your due date. I swear, you just announced your pregnancy!

    I'm glad you were able to get your flu shots. I have my kiddos on the waiting list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously can't believe you're 38 weeks!! Wow. The 11th would be a Veterans' Day baby! I'll be thinking "early" thoughts for you! But have fun with your pedicures and girls' nights. That sounds wonderful!

    Ok, so I thought kids couldn't get two injections at the same time. I'm taking Aidan on Saturday and I thought he'd have to have one shot and one nasal. Is that not true? And I haven't even gotten one yet - they don't have it available at my office. Ugh. I'm pregnant AND a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 38 weeks! That is crazy already! I can't wait to see pics of the new little lady soon! I am also jealous of your chocolate/cheese night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of my kids were born at 38 weeks. So, as my doc said, "time to start backing into the driveway"!

    Both kids got their first H1N1 shot the other day. I'm relieved we did it but will admit it was difficult blocking out all the hype. It's nice to hear a firm voice of reason from a mom who knows what she's talking about!

    Congrats on the start of your maternity leave. Enjoy this time waiting for your new babe (they're much quieter on the inside).

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so close. Don't forget to have her on November 12.
    Enjoy your week off with all the pampering. Sounds fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for you and your last day of "work"! Woo hoo!!! And OMG on being 38 weeks!! Time flies!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kameron. You're getting closer and closer....so exciting!!! Can't wait to meet your new addition.

    I wish my little batman had his vaccines... A few weeks ago, I had him an appointment and the Dr. office called to cancel it cause they had run out. I've got my eyes peeled for the next supply but no luck yet. I don't even want to go anywhere cause I'm so worried he'll catch something. It's great that you were able to get that taken care of.

    Anyway, good luck in the days to come. I'll be thinking of you and the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i can't believe you are so close! i am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??