Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Arielle at 1 month

Hello baby girl and welcome to your first monthly update! I can't believe a month has gone by already (technically 5 weeks since I am so bad at blogging these days)! You had your 1 month check up today and you are 11 pounds 9 ounces and 23.25 inches long. That puts you in the 75-90 percentile for weight and the 95th percentile for height. I'd better start dressing you in all of your cute 0-3 clothes since it is obvious you won't be fitting in them for very long.

You have been alive such a short period of time, yet you have already been through 2 Scampoli family holidays. You slept through Thanksgiving and a Christmas Eve party even though there was chaos happening all around you. You are a great sleeper, and mommy appreciates it.

You are a breastfeeding champ (obviously since you weigh so much already) and we are a great night time team. You co-sleep with us and I feed you lying down, which is both convenient and allows me some lovely cuddle time in the still of the night. You give me a 4 hour and a 3 stretch at night and usually another 2-3 hour stretch in the early morning. It is broken sleep, but it is still restful since you sleep very soundly.

You have already started smiled, right around 4 weeks. Your brother didn't do that until he was 6 weeks old! You are holding your head up like a champ, but still not really digging tummy time. We need to work on that.

You are liking your baths much more now and are starting to have more and more quiet alert time instead of having to be held and bounced all the time. You do have a fussy period that can last between 6-11. I can usually pop you in the Baby Bjorn and you will fall asleep on me. This is killing my back, but it is better than bouncing on the exercise ball for hours on end!

You look so much like your brother it isn't even funny. Luckily he's darn pretty for a boy! I'll do a little side by side post later for comparison!

I look forward to watching you grow and hope that the time flying by translates to a quick winter. Don't gain too much weight because I have already bought an entire 6-9 month summer wardrobe for you and I will cry if you are too big to wear by then!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Is she 5 weeks already! Crazy! what beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute and yes, i so see that she favors her brother. Too sweet. She is a big girl...mine were all big. I always bought clothes ahead too...99% of the time they fit. Saves money for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's so cute! look at those big blue eyes!! sounds like y'all are doing great!

    those night time feedings were my FAVORITE time with my kids. the house was still, the baby was content, and close to me...ahhhhh...some of my best memories of babyhood! so glad to hear you are enjoying her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make it sound so wonderful and sweet and smelling like sweet baby's bottoms. Could you please post about spit up and crying and baby poo so I don't start wanting a cute cherub like yours??? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't is believe that she is 5 months old. She is adorable. And She is a little chunker way to go Arielle!!! ;)

    Babies and Blogging don't always mix well but your are doing a great job of keeping up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arielle and Nathan sound so much alike! Except he's giving me mostly 2 to 2 1/2 hours to sleep at a time at night, with a couple of 4 hour stretches in there, just to give me hope. He's been smiling a bit lately, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the queen of monthly updates!! Everytime I read Natey's I say I am going to do better at recapping Drew's months, but...

    It's going to be so fun to watch beautiful Arielle grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe she is already over 1 month old...I feel like you were just pregnant!!! She is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at those beautiful eyes, oh my word! She's such a doll. And a big one at that too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is just so cute! I can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm just now reading this since I've been out of town. I cannot believe she is already a month old already! She is so dang cute! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. she's so cute! look at those big blue eyes!! sounds like y'all are doing great!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??