Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random Ramblings

Now that I'm back at work, and know what day it is again, I have my Thursday ramblings to look forward too! Here's the stuff that is pinballing around in my noggin.
*********************
First week back at work has been super hectic. I was still not fully adjusted to home time with two kids, let alone getting them ready, hauling them to daycare, getting myself to work on time, picking them up, cooking dinner, doing bedtimes and did I mention I got a cold the 2nd day I was back at work. I have gone to bed at 8 and 9pm the last 2 nights. Hopefully this cold will pass quickly and I can enjoy the time I have home with my kids this weekend.
*********************
On that note, I miss them terribly when I'm at work. When I went back after Nate was born, it didn't seem this bad. I think it was because he was a challenging newborn and I craved adult conversation and loved my job. Now my job is eh, Arielle is such a good baby and I want to be around them all of the time. Well, maybe a night out with some wine would be nice, but you get my point.
*********************
I can't believe that it is February already! Time flies when you are not at work! Three months has never gone by so fast! Only 3 months until baby Lilah makes her appearance and 5 months until we get to make our trip as a family of 4 (God help me, I need a Xanax just thinking about that flight) to WA and OR to see my family! The last time we were all together Heather and I had a boy a piece and now we'll both have one of each!
*********************
I will post some more pictures soon. I have been slacking in the picture taking department!

11 comments:

  1. I know, I cannot wait until July to see your family of four!!! But, um, good luck with that flight! At least Natey will be older, but you might have a crawling, wiggly girl on your hands!

    I was relieved to get back to work last time too... Aidan was 8 months old and just starting to be a handful. Lilah will only be 3 1/2 months old when I go back. Ugh. I'm already dreading it. (by the way, it was fun to see her name with a link!!! heehee) Hope the cold disappears by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you won't be making that fly by yourself with two little ones, and you can be somewhat relieved that you will be man on man defense.

    I was definitely not ready to go back to work after I had T, probably because I disliked my corporate consulting gig with a passion. At least I was fotunate to have a modified work schedule, and had Fridays off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You confused me about the other baby. ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I am so glad you are back! I've missed reading you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are making good use of your time at work - ha! I'm still ticked that they blocked blogger at work...

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is different adjusting to a routine with two and doing all the other duties, but you will soon fall into a great routine and be a pro. Hope your cold is better.
    Still waiting for those cute pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were a millionaire, I'd give you some money to stay home with the kids. Does that thought make you happy?! (Not!)

    I am sorry you came down with a cold - that sucks. We just came down with colds ourselves (Josh and I). My throat and tonsils are all swollen and I am exhausted (just from being sick).

    Hugs for you, chick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope next week is better for you! Time really does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you have to go to work. :-( But, you rock super hard so I know you'll get your routine down very soon!

    A night out with wine sounds good. have some for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Kam. I can't believe that you are back to work already. You are one busy mom. I am super impressed!

    And yes, let's get some pictures on this blog, if you please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A thumb! Oh I hope Nate finds his soon!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??