Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lessons Learned

I went to NYC this weekend to attend BlogHer and this is what I learned:

The 3 hours and 45 minutes it takes to drive home at midnight takes waaaayyyyyyy longer than the 4 hours and 45 minutes it takes to drive to NYC on your way to the conference. It is also way less fun. Especially when you have to call the cops on a drunk driver.

I can't sleep in, even when optimal conditions exist (e.g. no kids, dark room, no one else in my bed, up till 1am the night before). This is an annoying fact.

34 hours is no where near enough time to experience NY.

Just because you add the word Her to something, doesn't mean it makes sense.

That being said, substituting that word where it DOES make sense is often hilarious. So is making fun of the terms that don't.

Even though you intend to go to 3 parties in 1 night, you'll only make it to one. And you'll be totally ok with that. 

Attending the sessions was apparently a waste of time, so I feel better about only buying the parties pass.

Every woman is wearing the wrong bra size. Except for me. Because I went here!


One word. SWAG!

The bloggers that think they're a big deal are usually rude, but the ones that really are and don't act like it are the sweetest women you could ever meet.

Um yeah, SHE was sweet as pie!

You can meet a lot of awesome new people if you just open your mouth and your mind.


(LZ, Liz, Me & one Awesome Diva not pictured on above shot since she left to get beautiful-er)

Me and Amy

If you have zero expectations, you can't help but be satisfied.

I am a way smaller fish in a way bigger pond than I even imagined, and I'm ok with it.

14 comments:

  1. Having zero expectations is usually a good way to go. :) And, you have a totally awesome smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!! I am going to have to steal some of your photos since I have absolutely NONE with any people in it (other than you molesting fabric at Mood!!)

    I had a wonderful time this past weekend with you and all the lovely ladies!!! I hope we get to do it again some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect way to approach the weekend. It wouldn't have been nearly as fun without you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have so loved to have gone with you guys!!!! I'm glad you had fun, and that picture of the three of you is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!! You looked super cute at the conference... love that dress with the belt.

    Wow, you called the cops on a drunk driver? I've always wanted to, but never have. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous. How fun for you. So glad you got to go. Thanks for sharing and posting about it. YOu did look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous!!! Glad you had a great time! I would love to go and meet everyone! And PW is the nicest out there! Even though I'm pretty sure Nic and I totally freaked her out! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your look so great in all these pictures. Looks like you enjoyed your time to the fullest while you were there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had an awesome time! NYC is definitely a place I'd like to visit some day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO happy I bumped into you when I did, even if I almost didn't realize it! I'm also so happy you came to the AL party. I love that we got to hang out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this! Great pics and great memories... let's do it again soon! ANd I can't believe you had to call the cops - that's so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally wish I could have gone and hung out with you guys. That black and white picture cracks me up every time I see it! :)

    And thanks for the comment on the giveaway post - totally made me snort ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am still so jealous because I didn't get to go. Boo! Looks like you all had a great time and I'm glad you got to meet so many great bloggers. I'm going to pretend I didn't see the picture with The Pioneer Woman, because I might have to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved meeting you! I'm so glad you got ot experience NYC! I'm thrilled you went to Intimacy! That's where I get my bras! And you love football! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??