Thursday, October 14, 2010

Zumba!

It's official. I finally found an exercise that I actually like doing! We have a gym at my work (spoiled, I know) and they offer group fitness classes like yoga, spin, boot camp and now Zumba! I have tried a few of the other classes but hadn't found anything that I really enjoyed. I know you're not supposed to "enjoy" exercise (unless you're Sara), but I have the attention span of a gnat so if I don't like something it is hard for me to stick with it. I saw that they were going to offer Zumba and I have heard so much about it that I was excited to try it out. I admit, I was a little hesitant to try a class that is basically dancing. I am W-H to the I-T-E. My rhythm is suspect and I feel like an idiot when I'm dancing...unless there are copious amounts of alcohol involved. Because it is counterproductive to drink before you workout (and I'm also pretty sure I would get fired) I braved this dancing thing stone sober. It was awesome. I quickly realized that no one was watching me as we were all staring at the instructor just to keep up with the moves. The music is so upbeat and fun and it makes you want to shake that booty...even if my booty kept shaking when I wanted it to stop. I think it is a good start to get me motivated again. I have been in a bit of a funk lately and this is just what I needed to get over myself and get my butt in gear!! If you ever have the opportunity to take a Zumba class, I highly recommend it! What other classes or specific exercises do you enjoy?

11 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I've been wanting to try it at our local rec center, but the fact that I have no rhythm whatsoever has scared me away. I guess maybe I should try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoot whoot! I organized a Zumba class for our community last year, and loved it! However, with marathon training, I haven't gone in months! I need to get back, because it is always a blast and a half...and Ma'am? What is there NOT to enjoy about exercise!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally jealous! We don't have a gym, and the nearest one is a good 25 minutes away - far too long of a drive to manage with an active 4-year old!

    I would love to try it someday tho!

    And for exercise? I like to try my darndest to stay on my horse when she does silly things like jump over trot poles and dump me in a panic... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a Zumba class about 40 minutes from my house every Wedensday. I'm thinking of trying it.

    I've been doing a lot of 'Boot-Camp Cardio' and loving it. Last night I tried some 'Kick-Boxing Cardio'. That however, really kicked my a$$. I'm not really coordinated enough to do something with my upper body and something different with my lower body. And, I'm still looking for some Yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. tehehe! I am so glad someone else's booty misses the end of the music like mine! Gotta love the extra shakes!

    I have not been brave enough to try Zumba. I prefer to exercise where only my children & hubby can laugh at my flabalanche.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you enjoyed Zumba! I wish my job had a gym! Wish! Wish! Wish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard SO much about Zumba... I'm anxious to give it a try once baby boy is born and I actually feel like moving again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of these days, I'm going to try a Zumba class. I did a circuit training class and decided the goal was to k-i-l-l me. I'd probably do better with walking, as long as I didn't have to talk at the same time. Ha!

    Hope you enjoy your class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard so many good things about Zumba - I would love to take it eventually!! (maybe I will be able to take it at the same gym as you in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been eyeing a Zumba class but I'm scared! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Zumba and before I started running again, it really helped to start toning things up, including my arms! It's so fun. I hope you keep enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??