Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nathan at 3 1/2 years

Natey, you have hit the 3 1/2 year mark. I stopped doing the monthly updates, but think that a few times a year will be good to remind you when you're a moody teenager someday what this crazy kid was like when he was a toddler.

You're an angel one second with this sweet grin and single dimple, but can change to a stinker in a flash. I'm amazed at how much of myself I see in you. My poor mother. Argh!

You are insanely smart and can remember how to do things after you see them done them once. This also has a down side as you uses this power to do things like unlocking our Android phones, going to the marketplace and downloading games...which aren't always free. I've had to change my "secret code" twice and have to make sure you don't see me do it.

One of your favorite phrases right now is "Told ya!" You use it for everything. Someone needs to tell you that statement is used when someone challenges what you say. I have no doubt you have to pee when you say so buddy.

You are finally at the point where you can brush your teeth all by yourself. Mommy doesn't always have to take a turn. I tricked you though by telling you to roar like a silent lion. Before that you wouldn't open your mouth long enough to get the back teeth.


Your  hair is still curly, but is loosing the baby hair feel and is getting much thicker. We decided to keep it shorter until the summer when the humidity will help the curls. Also we hope by then you won't be so opposed to us wetting it to make the curl come out. I'm not holding out much hope for that though.

This year has been rough as you are exercising your independence yet still don't have the impulse control to know how to deal with things. You are getting better at not just throwing things and acting out aggressively but it is a slow going process.
You call Arielle "sisty". I think it is so cute. You are starting to love on her more than you push her down. Thanks for that. Keep up the good work. She looks at you like you hung the moon and I want you to be good friends are you get older.

You are still my champion eater. Last week we convinced you that beets would make you "pee red lasers" (your words not ours) so you gobbled up an entire helping. I can't really think of anything you have put your foot down about not eating. This is awesome and hopefully will help as your sister watches you. Well, we all have seen what she weighs so that should indicate what kind of eater she is already!

Speaking of weight, I measured and weighed you at Arielle's 1 year appointment and you were 41.5 inches tall and 41 pounds. You are still in the 90th percentiles for height and weight for your age. I have a feeling I birthed some tall kiddos! You are currently in a size 4T and are wearing size 10 shoes.

You are doing great with your letters. If I write them down you can copy almost all of them. I hope when you start pre-school in January that you use your sponge-like quality for learning and really take off.

You "wrote" (or shall I say dictated) your first letter to Santa this year. You were so cute and asked for "Criss cross, criss cross crash, the winner is the one who doesn't get smashed and violent kung zhu pets". Remind me not to let you watch any more commercials as they obviously are working like the advertisers want them to!

You crack me up when you come out of the blue with phrases like, "It's not SO bad".

You love rock and roll music and have been known to tell me to turn the radio "Upper"  so you can rock out.

You just learned a trick to put on your coat and will take the coat on and off to show us how awesome your "move" is.

You are still the least shy kid I have ever met. Even if you are in a completely new place with people you don't know, you will run in and act like you've known them forever.

You are 2 parts sweetness and 98 parts sass, but we love you anyway!

13 comments:

  1. I was just getting ready to do a late 2 1/2 update for Aidan. Thanks for the reminder!!

    I can't believe your freakin' kid eats BEETS. Geez. Maybe things will be different when Aidan's 3... unlikely, but maybe. Natey is a crack-up. Thank goodness he's starting to show "sisty" some love. Aidan's been surprisingly good in that department, but I'm sure that'll change.

    And your boy looks pretty hot in your boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beets? Yummy! Those boots? Oh my. Ha! Does he lay his coat on the floor and flip it over his head so that it slides on his arms? They taught E that in preschool and she loved to fling her jacket everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lordy - that boy cracks me up and makes me swoon all in one post. I love all his expressions!

    What a great big personality in a little kiddo!

    (And I love that he's rockin' out to the "I love you" sign!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last picture is priceless. the boots on him kill me! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is all boy, isn't he!? All lovely, little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is AWESOME! I love the last picture :) A cutie indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long time no see... :( I have got to get better at reading and writing blogs. I hope things are well with you! These pictures are so great! He is so BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the last one is classic. that will go in his wedding slide show someday....

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is one of the cutest kids, I swear! I'm glad he's starting to get the hang of loving and not beating on his sisty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my good heaven!!! That last picture so needs to be sent to his HS yearbook his senior year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great update! After we hit the 4 year mark, I think I'm taking it down to every few months. And I swear, these two truly are like two peas in a pod....well, with the exception of the eating and his gigantic size

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??