Monday, February 21, 2011

Cupcake Pops

It is official, I'm obsessed. The first time I saw cake pops on someone's blog I knew I had to make them. I started off pretty simply with the regular, ball shaped pops and then it became my goal to make all different shapes!! The next thing I tried was skull cake pops for Natey's pirate themed 3rd birthday party. They turned out ok, but I couldn't quite get the candy coating right and I bought the wrong food markers. I made them in August for a dinner at the local Ronald McDonald House in the shape of suns, but an unfortunate occurrence with a super hot day resulted in pops melting right off the sticks. There is no need to look at the sad pictures of that one...

Then Bakerella came out with her cake pop cook book and I was sold!! I have decided that I am on a mission, Julie and Julia style, where I will systematically bake and make my way through her cook book! I am not giving myself a time limit since I have many other things keeping me busy, but I will make every last one (maybe not the Hanukkah ones...unless someone really needs me to, just ask!).

With that work-up I give you cake pop attempt number 4, the Cupcake Cake Pop, in all its cutesy glory!!



16 comments:

  1. So cute!! Those are the ones I tried for jks 2nd birthday. Mine werent that cute but they tasted SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! They are just way to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable!!! Now send me some!
    Now I really want to try some cake pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those! very cool! i'll have to remember these for a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just makes me even more sad that I've never actually had one of those! Can you believe it? Me? A grown woman with a sweet tooth has never had a friend who could bake these things? hee hee

    Those look utterly amazing, and super delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

    and....drool.

    Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! Joe would like you to make him some :-)
    Love the new look, too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable and I want to eat them ALL!!! I haven't attempted these yet. Are they hard? Where's a good recipe to start? Maybe I'll do some for one of the 2 b-days we have coming up...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those came out great!! I so don't have the patience to do these....can't wait to see what you make next!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I were super rich, I'd fly you out in May for the kids' party, just so you could make those!! Those turned out GREAT... and love the photos!! Super professional-looking. I am definitely looking forward to you going through the whole book... much more fun than me going through that stupid Deceptively Delicious one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um. wow!! My mom is a librarian, and she brought me that book one day. I looked through it and knew and did not have the patience nor talent to try them. Great job!!! Can't wait to watch what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Crap Martha!! Those look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. medicinenet anthrax

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??