Thursday, March 1, 2012

I might be crazy

If you are a good friend of mine or in my family, you would kindly ask me to remove the "might" from that statement. Ok, I kid, mostly. Why am I saying that you ask? It is simple. I plan to run a half marathon.

Wow, I said it. The words are out there and now I must. I love accountability. Without it, I am pretty sure I would be a big lump of lazy...fitness-wise anyway. I have struggled with my weight since 6th grade. That is a long freaking time to feel bad about eating.  I love, love, LOVE food. I think that is the problem. If I am sad, I want a treat to cheer me up. If I am happy, I want a treat to celebrate. Cookies, candy, cakes, pies, ooey gooey meals oozing cheese (oops getting off track here) they all make me happy. I need to have a better relationship with food. I have come to terms with the fact that I may never give up all of the things I find delicious to eat tiny salads and listless broiled chicken breasts every day, but I am trying to make small healthy changes as I go.

This is the reason I must exercise.

This is the reason I am going to run 13.1 miles.

Wow, that's far. I would chicken out, but now you all know, so I can't. I started training on Monday. I am on day 4 and, besides the fact that I am sore, I think it is going pretty well. I will not be getting all crazy and posting my weight on here, but I will be doing updates so I can hold my self publicly accountable. So cheer me on or call me crazy, but it is motivation to me either way!

7 comments:

  1. go for it!!! the hard work in training will be worth the effort!
    i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Kameron!! That's awesome. I tried to train for a half, but my shins literally hate me. No matter what I tried, shoes, inserts, stretches, you name it, nothing helped. So I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'm not a runner. So, I'll cheer you on instead!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can SO do this. I mean if I can, anyone can, but especially you!! ;) You're just going to LOVE that you did this for yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kam, always setting the bar high, aren't ya girl?! Now how can I happily chow down on this bowl of chips and not feel guilty? Argh...sigh. Now where did I put my running shoes.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's awesome girl! I love the new website and header! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! What an awesome goal. I seriously need to do another 4/5k. Putting it out there on my blog and facebook made me accountable. I'm almost (read: ALMOST) tempted to announce my weight, just so I can feel bad next time I let a Cadbury egg slip into my cart at the store...

    You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??