Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm going!

I'll be geeking out at BlogHer '12

Sooo, I have had this plan since last August (really I bought my ticket right after they announced it was in NY), but it seemed silly to talk about it THAT far in advance. I'm going to BlogHer in NYC! Yeah, I know it is still not for another 4 1/2 months, but I am excited! Liz and I went 2 years ago when it was in NYC, but it was kind of a last minute decision so we just got the parties pass and stayed for 1 night. I might also mention that Liz was pregnant and I was pumping since Arielle was only 9 months at the time. Those things kind of put a damper on our ability to party it up.

We didn't get to see much of NY and the whole thing felt rushed and disjointed, but we did have a lot of fun in the small time window. I can't imagine how fun it will be with 3 days and nights of NY awesomeness...WITH NO CHILDREN! I sound a little too ecstatic about that, don't I? More than the fun and activities is the fact that I get to meet up with some lovely ladies that I have "known" for years, but have never met in real life. There will be 4 of us rooming together, Liz, Michele and Brooke and me. Liz and I work together so we hang out a lot. Michele is our semi-local (a couple hours away) friend who we get together with for fun days of crafting. Brooke, I've never met in person, but am excited that I will finally be able to. Brooke's blog was one of the first I began following back in August of 2008. It is a little surreal to "know" someone for 4 years before you meet them, but I know we will be like old friends and not miss a beat when we meet.

Since blogging is all about the connections you make, I want to call out some other lovelies that I am stoked to see. Some, I met the last time I went to BlogHer and some I haven't met yet.

Amy: We met briefly at the last BlogHer. Her son, Nate,  and Arielle were born 1 day apart. We are definitely hanging out for more than a few minutes this time!!

Melissa: A local blogger who I I haven't met yet, but will be going to a girls night out with her through RI Mom bloggers group.

Danielle: I love this chick! She is great people.

Maria: I met her for a total of 3 seconds at BlogHer last time, but have got to know her over the last 2 years. You will find us in Starbucks at some point!

Patty: I also met Patty for a few minutes at the Aiming Low event.

I could go on and on, but I am starting to feel a bit stalkerish. I'm not. I promise. I am just excited. I know I have used that word about eleventy billion times in this post, but I really am. If you are going to BlogHer, let me know in the comments so I can add you to my list!

6 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! I'm so excited too. And if I'm this excited 4.5 months out, I can't imagine how excited I will be as the date draws near. I've been out of the blogging scene for a while, so I'll stick by your side and meet all the lovely ladies that you mention, as I'm sure you won't stear me wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds so fantastic. I so WISH I could go and am totally jealous (AND would love to meet you). Since I'll just be starting my new job and likely still breastfeeding, I think I have to look ahead to 2013. Meet me there, okay?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super excited that you are coming to BlogHer! I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug! I'm so glad we met two years ago, your friendship is one that I treasure dearly. {Hugs} :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPPEE!!! I can't wait to go! I am super excited for our big road trip down there and I can't WAIT to meet you on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you and yes, you need the full experience!! It's currently up in the air whether I'll be attending... it would be a lot of moolah and I'm kinda a last minute girl... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I totally see why you are excited! What's not to be excited about? NYC + NO KIDS + 3 Days of no kids + amazing girls to visit with = WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

    Wish I could come join in the fun...sigh. Live it up on my bahalf, will ya? :)

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??