Sunday, March 25, 2012

Menu Planning Sunday

This is going to be a busy week filled with a birthday, consignment sale and a hectic week at work so I am actually going to make 2-3 of these meals tonight and tomorrow so they are ready to go during the week!

Sunday: Roasted Chicken and veggies with beet salad.
Monday:Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie
Tuesday: Turkey Burgers with zucchini fries
Wednesday: Birthday dinner out with the hubbs. Kiddos get to eat frozen fish fillets and edamame
Thursday: Mexican lasagna (I promise I will do the recipe post on it this time!)
Friday: Chicken Marsala

I am also trying to work more vegetarian dishes into our lineup. If you have any good ones, leave me a link!

Notes on last week:
  • Creamy tomato and Chicken sausage pasta was excellent! See last week's post for suggestions and what I changed.
  • Cod was good. A little secret is that I really don't like fish. I eat it because it is good for me and the kids and hubby like it. This dish, however, was pretty good. I actually ate a whole portion of fish, which I usually don't. I think the turkey kielbasa that was in it helped. I think next time I will add some fresh oregano to add to the flavor.
  • Creamy chicken taquitos were a hit, yet again. 
  • BBQ pork loin was really good. I am finding such a difference in the quality of our meat since we started shopping at Whole Foods! For lack of time, I ended up making mashed potatoes instead of roasted.
  • The shrimp were good, as always. :)
  • We ended up having pizza again on Friday. I am starting to hate pizza. Not that this is relevant to my post,but I seriously don't want to eat it again for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Menu is looking so good! How funny that you posted veg shep pie is on your menu because that is one of my signature dishes.

    I'm also good for veg soups.

    Here's a good one I make:

    http://www.thebinkertation.com/2011/12/simple-spicy-soup.html

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??