Friday, August 7, 2009

The Dress

By popular demand I decided to post all the pictures that I have (minus the one I would have to scan) of me in the infamous dress! It is hard to tell from pictures, but the dress has bright teal under a brown shear fabric. I love the effect it gives and the beading, which is along the bust and the handkerchief style bottom of the dress, is brown with purple and teal iridescent colors that change when the light shines on them. I do love this dress so much that I am going to replace the zipper (which is currently stuck half way down) and continue to wear it! See what I mean about having no pics of the dress in it's full glory!!!

This is the first time I wore the dress. I was 2 months pregnant with Natey and I wore it to the Crystal Ball fundraiser for the Arthritis Foundation.
The second time I wore it was for our Holiday party when I was 4 months pregnant with Natey.
Somewhere in between, I wore it to another wedding, but I don't seem to have any pictures from that wedding! This shot is from Tina's wedding where the zipper incident took place!
I attempted to get a shot of the dress in the bathroom at the wedding, but the lighting stunk.
So here it is, full length. I wish I would have got a picture in natural light, but with the flash and a little help from picnik it looks ok. I wanted to put it on to show you, but did I mention that the zipper is stuck somewhere in the middle and getting it off after the wedding was hard enough??!!

17 comments:

  1. what a beautiful dress!!! so sad that the zipper broke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love the colors! Do get the zipper fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it awesome when you find a dress that you love and can wear to mutiple events? That's a great dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one gorgeous maternity dress! I was the guest book attendant at my hubby"s cousins wedding when I was 8 months preggo and I couldn't find anything worthy and I ended up looking like a big black whale! so happy for you that you have this! I would probably replace the zipper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous! I love it! The colors are awesome! Hope you get the zipper replaced!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great dress! Love the colors, and love that it's so versatile for you. Super impressed that you've been able to wear it to more than one occasion too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful dress!!

    miss reading your blog...10 days, this will all be behind me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an adorable dress! I love the bottom - didn't even know it was like that from the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting the zipper fixed is a MUST! It's beautiful and looks stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too funny! You should try to get as much use out of that dress as possible! Have you heard of the little brown dress project? It is really funny- google it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just read your True Story Tuesday... hilarious!! Sounds exactly like something that would happen to me. Except I'd already be running late, so then I'd miss the entire ceremony. : )

    Love the dress too!! I have a brown halter dress with white flowers that I wore to every function a few years back... 2 weddings and 2 auctions. Love when you get your money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO So SOOOO beautiful! love this dress and you look lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??