Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm a not so spur of the moment kinda gal

A whole week has gone by since my last post! Geeze, I feel like it has been even longer than that. If you follow my tweets you know that my, completely opposite of me and spontaneous, hubby decided we should go away for the weekend...on Thursday morning. Why is this a big deal you ask? Oh, he wanted me to leave work right before lunch, pick up the boy, come home, pack and get on the road to Montreal, Canada which happens to be about 7 hours away from where we live. I, folks, am a planner. I do not like rushed packing, finding a suitable hotel, disrupting Natey's (and mine for that matter) schedule, up and leaving work without advanced notice trips. I like to have our itinerary planned out to the hour. Ok, I'm not THAT bad, but seriously. I like to have all of my ducks in a row before I go to another country. Somehow, we managed to get everything in line and get out the door by 2 pm. This included Aaron making a run to the vital records office for a copy of Natey's birth certificate since we don't have a passport for him. Not bad for an idea that sparked in my hubby's head at 8:30am!

I even managed to have the forethought to contact a fellow blogging buddy who lives in Ottawa. She is a photographer and I love the gorgeous pics she takes of her own little ones. I once told her if we lived closer I would love for her to shoot Natey. She said if we were ever in Montreal she would be game, so I asked her if the offer was still on the table and she agreed! I will post about the whole whirlwind trip tomorrow, but just wanted to prove that I have not, indeed, fallen off the face of the Earth!

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures. How neat that you got to meet a fellow blogger too on your trip. I would say for not being spur of the moment gal you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is it that we both met another blogger? I'm so excited about seeing your pictures. Damn! You know I hate waiting!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait!!! That sounds fun to me..even in my UBER planning state...sometimes those are the best trips...RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! impressive! can't wait to see the pics of nate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a down-to-the-minute planner but I'm also not very spur of the moment either. I definitely need time to think things through rather than just throwing stuff in a suitcase - especially to go to another country!!

    can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exciting!! I wish my hubs would surprise me with a spontaneous trip! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering about ya since you are always lightening fast about commenting on my posts :o) Glad you were away for a good reason! I went out of town Monday night and just got home a bit ago, but it was a work trip...

    Can't wait to see the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those trips are the best though! Can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see that you have not fallen off the face of the Earth. I was starting to wonder. Glad y'all had a great trip and can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eee! That would freak me out!

    Don't worry about the header for now. We are about to do family pictures so I think I'll wait until then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is pretty spur of the moment! I have to admit~ I was much more spur of the moment before I had children..since then? Notsomuch!! It is too much work to pack!

    ReplyDelete

What you talkin' bout Willis??